html in c++

jupiter

hi friends,

I am anil. I have begining level experience of c++ so I need ur advice.
I have a problem for all think tanks in the group. what i want is

1. Access a web page (html) say ebay's page for particular item (I need
to access different pages for several items approx. 1500)
2. Save that page in comp memory or on disk for processing
3. I am not sure if I can process that html in c++ or need to convert
to txt first
4. Extract specific information with date time n store them on disk for
further processing
5. I need to repeat above process for 1500 items with no time gap
(means i want to check web page again within seconds to check any
update n capture that update)
6. I need further calculation on that data stored from above process
7. First priority is data accuracy
8. Second is minimum time gap

things i stated above is possible with c++ or vb ?

thanx n regards

@nil

Phlip

jupiter said:
I am anil. I have begining level experience of c++ so I need ur advice.
I have a problem for all think tanks in the group. what i want is

1. Access a web page (html) say ebay's page for particular item (I need
to access different pages for several items approx. 1500)

Use HttpUnit in Java, Curl in Curl, Mechanize in Perl, NET::HTTP in Ruby, or
Watir in Ruby.
2. Save that page in comp memory or on disk for processing
3. I am not sure if I can process that html in c++ or need to convert
to txt first

HTML _is_ text. But you could use Lynx to -dump out text...
4. Extract specific information with date time n store them on disk for
further processing
5. I need to repeat above process for 1500 items with no time gap
(means i want to check web page again within seconds to check any
update n capture that update)
6. I need further calculation on that data stored from above process
7. First priority is data accuracy
8. Second is minimum time gap

In general, you are asking how to hack Ebay. This is a well-researched area,
and there might even be open source software out there to do it.

None of that software needs to be written in C++. This language is for
writing new systems, not tuning and driving existing systems. Get a softer
language.
things i stated above is possible with c++ or vb ?

VB will actually make you suffer more trying to do that.

jupiter

Phlip said:
Use HttpUnit in Java, Curl in Curl, Mechanize in Perl, NET::HTTP in Ruby, or
Watir in Ruby.

HTML _is_ text. But you could use Lynx to -dump out text...

In general, you are asking how to hack Ebay. This is a well-researched area,
and there might even be open source software out there to do it.

None of that software needs to be written in C++. This language is for
writing new systems, not tuning and driving existing systems. Get a softer
language.

VB will actually make you suffer more trying to do that.

Hi

Thanx for quick n easy reply.

I just gave example of ebay but its not ebay!!!!!!

What I have in my mind is I want to extract some(sssshhhhh secret :) )
information from web pages n then distribute that data to people who
may subscribe to my service altho' about the data I am talking there
are some data vendor but its not organize so far so I can catch early
move to set myself there. problems ahead me is I am not ready to spend
big amount I can make moderate investments second is I cant spend full
time as I am working but if i be successful we are talking big with
moderate investment. would you like to help me with ur knowledge if u
have spare time we can form business relationship as well.

If you agree contact me at (e-mail address removed) or 919910998008 n we
can discuss further

thanx

@nil
Mobile # 919910998008