html in c++

Discussion in 'C++' started by jupiter, Jan 1, 2007.

  1. jupiter

    jupiter Guest

    hi friends,

    I am anil. I have begining level experience of c++ so I need ur advice.
    I have a problem for all think tanks in the group. what i want is

    1. Access a web page (html) say ebay's page for particular item (I need
    to access different pages for several items approx. 1500)
    2. Save that page in comp memory or on disk for processing
    3. I am not sure if I can process that html in c++ or need to convert
    to txt first
    4. Extract specific information with date time n store them on disk for
    further processing
    5. I need to repeat above process for 1500 items with no time gap
    (means i want to check web page again within seconds to check any
    update n capture that update)
    6. I need further calculation on that data stored from above process
    7. First priority is data accuracy
    8. Second is minimum time gap

    things i stated above is possible with c++ or vb ?

    thanx n regards

    @nil

    jupiter, Jan 1, 2007

  2. jupiter

    Phlip Guest

    jupiter wrote:

    > I am anil. I have begining level experience of c++ so I need ur advice.
    > I have a problem for all think tanks in the group. what i want is
    >
    > 1. Access a web page (html) say ebay's page for particular item (I need
    > to access different pages for several items approx. 1500)

    Use HttpUnit in Java, Curl in Curl, Mechanize in Perl, NET::HTTP in Ruby, or
    Watir in Ruby.

    > 2. Save that page in comp memory or on disk for processing
    > 3. I am not sure if I can process that html in c++ or need to convert
    > to txt first

    HTML _is_ text. But you could use Lynx to -dump out text...

    > 4. Extract specific information with date time n store them on disk for
    > further processing
    > 5. I need to repeat above process for 1500 items with no time gap
    > (means i want to check web page again within seconds to check any
    > update n capture that update)
    > 6. I need further calculation on that data stored from above process
    > 7. First priority is data accuracy
    > 8. Second is minimum time gap

    In general, you are asking how to hack Ebay. This is a well-researched area,
    and there might even be open source software out there to do it.

    None of that software needs to be written in C++. This language is for
    writing new systems, not tuning and driving existing systems. Get a softer
    language.

    > things i stated above is possible with c++ or vb ?

    VB will actually make you suffer more trying to do that.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jan 1, 2007

  3. jupiter

    jupiter Guest

    Phlip wrote:
    > jupiter wrote:
    >
    > > I am anil. I have begining level experience of c++ so I need ur advice.
    > > I have a problem for all think tanks in the group. what i want is
    > >
    > > 1. Access a web page (html) say ebay's page for particular item (I need
    > > to access different pages for several items approx. 1500)

    > Use HttpUnit in Java, Curl in Curl, Mechanize in Perl, NET::HTTP in Ruby, or
    > Watir in Ruby.
    >
    > > 2. Save that page in comp memory or on disk for processing
    > > 3. I am not sure if I can process that html in c++ or need to convert
    > > to txt first

    > HTML _is_ text. But you could use Lynx to -dump out text...
    >
    > > 4. Extract specific information with date time n store them on disk for
    > > further processing
    > > 5. I need to repeat above process for 1500 items with no time gap
    > > (means i want to check web page again within seconds to check any
    > > update n capture that update)
    > > 6. I need further calculation on that data stored from above process
    > > 7. First priority is data accuracy
    > > 8. Second is minimum time gap

    > In general, you are asking how to hack Ebay. This is a well-researched area,
    > and there might even be open source software out there to do it.
    >
    > None of that software needs to be written in C++. This language is for
    > writing new systems, not tuning and driving existing systems. Get a softer
    > language.
    >
    > > things i stated above is possible with c++ or vb ?

    > VB will actually make you suffer more trying to do that.
    >
    > --
    > Phlip
    > http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!!

    Hi

    Thanx for quick n easy reply.

    I just gave example of ebay but its not ebay!!!!!!

    What I have in my mind is I want to extract some(sssshhhhh secret :) )
    information from web pages n then distribute that data to people who
    may subscribe to my service altho' about the data I am talking there
    are some data vendor but its not organize so far so I can catch early
    move to set myself there. problems ahead me is I am not ready to spend
    big amount I can make moderate investments second is I cant spend full
    time as I am working but if i be successful we are talking big with
    moderate investment. would you like to help me with ur knowledge if u
    have spare time we can form business relationship as well.

    If you agree contact me at or 919910998008 n we
    can discuss further

    thanx

    @nil
    Mobile # 919910998008