HTML Intellisense for composite control (using datagrid)

PiyushC

Hi,
I am developing a web composite control using datagrid, dropdown,
linkbuttons etc.
Its basically an extension to datagrid control to provide more
functionality.
The control is derived from webcontrol.
The control has a property "Columns", which is a columns property of
datagrid.
Its definition is as follows :

public DataGridColumnCollection Columns
{
get
{
EnsureChildControls();
return dg.Columns;

dg being the datagrid instace.

There are couple of problems I am facing.
1. I am not able to edit the Columns property using property window.
It shows ... against properties, but when I click it, it opens the
form with Add as disabled.
I tried to apply DatagridColumnsCollectionEditor to Editor attribute,
but in that case it gives error as "Specified cast is not valid." Is
it because I am not deriving control from datarid ?
2. Another problem is that, I donot get the intellisense for Columns
property in HTML view. I have added the xsd file for my control & it
works fine for other properties.
Also, I can add columns in HTML view w/o intellisense & it works fine
in runtime, but I get an error in HTML view as active schema doesnot
support this property.

Can anybody please help me out on these issues.
Thanks in advance for your help & sorry for such long post.

Piyush

PS : I searched through net, but unable to find the answer. I am
facing this problem since long time, please help me out on this one.

WALDO

This is just off the top of my head, but:

1. your property is ReadOnly. I'd be willing to bet that if you write
the set, that Add button would be enabled.

Sometimes the greatest solutions come from the simplest logic.
Being told "No" is merely the incentive to do it anyway.

PiyushC

Thanks WALDO for your replies.
1. The columns property of datagrid is readonly. It cannot have set
accessor.
2. I already got the Intellisense genrator. It works fine for all the
properties which are attributes. The problem is for Columns property
for which I use inner tag to define, same as datagrid. Again, if I
write Columns tag w/o using intellisense, it works fine & columns
property takes effect when I see it on a page. So I think the problem
is with XSD which is generated.

Regards,
Piyush