HTML Javascript as GUI for command line applications

Brad

Hi... we do a lot of stuff in C++. Mostly back end, command line
programs. Recently, we've been asked to write a GUI front end to a few
of these apps. In the past, we have used QT and WX for GUIs with good
results, but we'd like to experiment with using html and javascript for
the GUIs.

Wondering if folks here could cite examples of applications that do this
(no matter what they are written in so long as the use javascript html
for the GUI portion) or suggest books, methods, etc. Just general info
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Richard Simões

http://www.askapache.com/tools/php-and-ajax-shell-console.html

C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/)

Hi... we do a lot of stuff in C++. Mostly back end, command line
programs.  Recently, we've been asked to write a GUI front end to a few
of these apps. In the past, we have used QT and WX for GUIs with good
results, but we'd like to experiment with using html and javascript for
the GUIs.

Wondering if folks here could cite examples of applications that do this
(no matter what they are written in so long as the use javascript html
for the GUI portion) or suggest books, methods, etc. Just general info
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

ISR in the early days of Gecko, someone wrote a html terminal which
could render a continuous stream of html. Probably never got out of
beta though.

As to examples of applications written in HTML....FFS...have I just
fallen down a rabbit hole and arrived 1990? Webmin - if you want an
example of tight shell integration. I'm posting this from Gggoogle
news - you can get a free account and use online word processors,
spreadsheets and more. Or have a look at some of the 10,000 projects
listed at http://freshmeat.net/browse/90/

C.