html / javascript

Safran von Twesla

Hi,

I have following problem:

on my html-page I have two different javascript parts:
1. external file
<script src = 'javascript/script.js' type = 'text/javascript'>
2. in <head>
<script type = 'text/javascript' language = 'javascript'>
[...]
</script>

The functions of 1. are working, but not those of 2.
When deleting 1. (or inserting into 2.), it's working...
What's the matter?

Thanks for help

SvT

Kris

Safran von Twesla said:
I have following problem:

on my html-page I have two different javascript parts:
1. external file
<script src = 'javascript/script.js' type = 'text/javascript'>
2. in <head>
<script type = 'text/javascript' language = 'javascript'>
[...]
</script>

The functions of 1. are working, but not those of 2.
When deleting 1. (or inserting into 2.), it's working...
What's the matter?

My guess is that you have something like this:

<script src="javascript/script.js" type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

That is a closing script tag missing. It should be:

<script src="javascript/script.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

Is that it?

Safran von Twesla

My guess is that you have something like this:

<script src="javascript/script.js" type="text/javascript">
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

That is a closing script tag missing. It should be:

<script src="javascript/script.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

Is that it?