    that possible and is there any good open source out there that will do this.

    Kind regards

    Dave.
    Dave Smithz, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Dave Smithz

    Jim Higson Guest

    Dave Smithz wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I would like to use some easy automated system that makes it easy for me
    > to keep my website updated, but allows a left hand navigation system, that
    > when the title link is clicked on, sub headings underneath that sub
    > heading appear.
    >
    > An example of this is the BBC news website. When you click on the business
    > link from the home page, a number of subheadings appear underneath the
    > business heading.
    >
    > What is a good software application that makes this easy to administer? Is
    > that possible and is there any good open source out there that will do
    > this.

    What you want is a Content Management System (CMS). On a CMS you can just
    click an 'edit' link on any page to change the content, or a 'new' link to
    add more pages (a simplification, but it really is easy!)

    The two main open source ones are Drupal and Mambo. Mambo is easier to set
    up but Drupal is much more powerful if you want to extend it with your own
    software (I have much experience with both)

    I'm working on a Drupal site at the moment. You might want to take a look:

    http://surfcore.co.uk

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Feb 20, 2006