HTML.net update

andreas.usenet

I posted a message a couple of weeks ago about the launch of
http://www.HTML.net.

(e-mail address removed)
http://groups.google.dk/group/alt.html/msg/92473a17ffd2b378?dmode=source&hl=en

As pointed out by several there was an embarrassing mix up in the
description of "tags" and "elements" in the HTML tutorial
(http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/introduction.asp).

I have tried to rewrite lesson 3
(http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/lesson3.asp) and updated the
tutorial. I would be happy for any comments and feedback on the update.
Is the description of tags and elements correct now? And is it written
in a clear language?

Thanks,
Andreas

Jonathan N. Little

I posted a message a couple of weeks ago about the launch of
http://www.HTML.net.

(e-mail address removed)
http://groups.google.dk/group/alt.html/msg/92473a17ffd2b378?dmode=source&hl=en

As pointed out by several there was an embarrassing mix up in the
description of "tags" and "elements" in the HTML tutorial
(http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/introduction.asp).

I have tried to rewrite lesson 3
(http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/lesson3.asp) and updated the
tutorial. I would be happy for any comments and feedback on the update.
Is the description of tags and elements correct now? And is it written
in a clear language?

Hate to be picky but your are writing a tutorial and your should be
accurate, right? Is your tutorial for HTML or XHTML? If the former then

"for example, a line break which looks like this: <br />."

is incorrect.

if the latter then

"However, the correct way is to type tags in lowercase."

is correct, but for HTML it is incorrect (HTML can be either way and
XHTML must be lowercase)

This is just on a quick look.