HTML Optimization for asp.net outputs

Brian Henry

Is there anyway to force the output HTML from asp.net to be optimized? for
example tabs removed, white space between tags remove, comments removed, etc
(to reduce output page size) frontpage 2003 has this optionin it but asp.net
outputed html does not come out optimized by defualt. thanks

Francisco Fagas[MVP ASP/ASP.NET]

the ASP.NET runs on IIS and it is the IIS that the voyager that the customer
is using and generates the HTML for the customer's voyager detects

Regards,

Francisco Fagas

Ecuador

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brian ,

As for the asp.net 's page output html, there is no bydefault optimized or
settings and each asp.net page's output html is generated when the page is
rendered. If we do need to apply our own custom optimization, we need to
use the Response Filter to hook the page's output html stream and do
customization on it, here are some articles discussing on this:

#Capturing the Output of ASP.NET Pages
#http://weblogs.asp.net/despos/archive/2004/06/01/145436.aspx

#Reduce The Size Of Your ASP.NET Output
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WhitespaceFilter.asp