HTML or Dreamweaver?

verity

BusyGuy wrote:
" You've heard about "ransom note" designs, I'm sure.

No, I hadn't but I can imagine what they are.
Today's analogy is the web. Everyone you speak to is a "web designer."

Exactly my fear.
I occasionally do work in the music industry. I once commissioned a
music video and it cost me $50,000. (And that was 1985 dollars!)

Wow!
My teenager makes indie films & I've told her that if she needs quick
money she should do some music videos because most of them are so
formulaic, but she is an *artist* - she really believes in lighting &
camera angles etc.

verity

dorayme said:

Sorry, I think I might have misunderstood you, were you disagreeing or
agreeing with HTML/CSS being child's play cf. web design ?

Not very good at communicating, especially in this format. V

dorayme

verity said:
Sorry, I think I might have misunderstood you, were you disagreeing or
agreeing with HTML/CSS being child's play cf. web design ?

Not very good at communicating, especially in this format. V

I think I was being flippant, concentrating on the html/css bit
of Travis's equation and thinking it is not exactly child's play
getting things to render in IE...

He may have a point though, but he is not a man of many words
(George Bush supporter you see...). Just thinking what you want
to do re the logic of a website is considerable work, sorting the
plain text content is a lot of work before the markup even
begins. Then there is the aethetics, the general colour schemes
and it goes on and on... but old Travis I think likes a bit of
flash and bang and that sort of thing and he might be meaning
other things.

[Hi Travis! :) ... where the hell are you these days?]

verity

dorayme said:
verity said:
[...]

Ah, all is clear now.
Are there really people who admit to being Bush supporters?
I'm afraid he constantly gets the Micky taken out of him on UK TV, but
so does Blair, they make a good double act; Batman & Robin; The Lone
Ranger & Tontoo; Laurel & Hardy :)

I liked Clinton so much but his wife is even better IMO, hope she runs.

Ed Mullen

verity said:
I'm surprised abouut the 40+ study but eagerly accept it.
Have skimmed your sites - wonderful to find someone with such an
intelligent sense of humour.
Thanks!

The blank links were stunning, & totally unexpected, how *did* you
manage to get my mac to switch off?

Uh, um, did it really? Actually "switch off" as in power down? Yikes!
Love the Irish photo's, now it's decided where the children & I go for
the Summer hols.
BTW cows in the road? Try out India :)

Ireland was absolutely wonderful. I really hope to go back again. As
for India, my wife has been there on business a couple of times and
found it "interesting." ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

verity

Ed said:
Uh, um, did it really? Actually "switch off" as in power down? Yikes!

Ireland was absolutely wonderful. I really hope to go back again. As
for India, my wife has been there on business a couple of times and
found it "interesting." ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.

I love India, but you certainly have to go with the flow.
Wouldn't be able to drive there though, all that 'horn please ok' is so
strange.

verity

Ed said:
Uh, um, did it really? Actually "switch off" as in power down? Yikes!

Of course but the clever part (don't know /how/ you did it) was the
eerie voice and the bloodred words that spelt out "Kill meeeeee"

Wow truly amazing man! :)