    tom watson Guest

    how is it done to add a link to the bottom of a page that the viewer can
    send to a friend (.e.g. news stories) how is this done?

    tom watson, Jun 27, 2003

  2. tom watson wrote:

    > how is it done to add a link to the bottom of a page that the viewer can
    > send to a friend (.e.g. news stories) how is this done?

    Usually with a server side process:
    http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Website_Promotion/Recommend_Site/

    I've never felt comfortable with them, it smacks too much of email address
    harvesting - and it is not difficult to copy and paste a URL from the
    addressbar to an email client.

    --
    David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
    Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/