HTML or XML depending on client.

Adam David Moss

All,

Suppose I have a widget A that I would like to embed in several websites B,
C, and D.

Sites B and C are happy with the widget the way I've styled it but site D
isn't and wants to restyle it themselves.

What would be the best way of doing this in ASP? My thoughts are that I
have an ASP page that determines in a query string has been provided (issued
to site D) and returns XML otherwise returns my formatted HTML.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam M.

Old Pedant

Why not just use XHTML???

It's formally correct as XML, so you can transform it with XSL. But it also
can be used directly, by browsers.

Difficulty: It can't be integrated into loose HTML pages, in general.

But other than that idea...your idea seems fine to me.

Adam David Moss

My page is actually XHTML. But how would any individual site transform that
to their own rendering? How would they pick out the data items?

Thanks

Adam David Moss

Styling is done using the class attribute and an external style sheet
against the <div>'s.

Regards.