html over flash

windandwaves

Hi

Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?

I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.

Any hints greatly appreciated.

- Nicolaas

Travis Newbury

windandwaves said:
Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
Any hints greatly appreciated.

What are you trying to do? what do you mean "hut html over flash"?
What html?

windandwaves

Travis said:
What are you trying to do? what do you mean "hut html over flash"?
What html?

Thank you for your reply. I solved my question by using an Iframe and
setting the css for the body tag as follows:

margin: -30px;

What do I mean?

Have a look at www.sunnysideup.co.nz/clients/azur/

I want to hide part of the flash document, so I thought just to put a div
over it. However, for some reason this does not work. Whatever i do, Flash
takes priority.

Thanks again

- Nicolaas

Travis Newbury

windandwaves said:

You want to hide part of the intro flash? Anyway, are you loading
those images dynamically? From the wait to get that intro going I
would guess not. (I am on cable)

Put the first image into the main flash swf. Then load the other
images in the background. My guess is that you could almost lose the
entire preloader.

windandwaves said:
Hi

Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?

I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.

Any hints greatly appreciated.

I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems to be
on the top... its something to do with the way its written to the screen ...

windandwaves

Travis said:
You want to hide part of the intro flash? Anyway, are you loading
those images dynamically? From the wait to get that intro going I
would guess not. (I am on cable)

Put the first image into the main flash swf. Then load the other
images in the background. My guess is that you could almost lose the
entire preloader.

I did not make the flash.

windandwaves

G said:
I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems
to be on the top... its something to do with the way its written to
the screen ...

That is the impression I get.