    I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.

    Any hints greatly appreciated.

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Oct 23, 2005

  2. "windandwaves" <> said:
    > Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    > I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
    > Any hints greatly appreciated.

    What are you trying to do? what do you mean "hut html over flash"?
    What html?

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 23, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:
    > "windandwaves" <> said:
    >> Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    >> I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
    >> Any hints greatly appreciated.

    > What are you trying to do? what do you mean "hut html over flash"?
    > What html?

    Thank you for your reply. I solved my question by using an Iframe and
    setting the css for the body tag as follows:

    margin: -30px;

    What do I mean?

    Have a look at www.sunnysideup.co.nz/clients/azur/

    I want to hide part of the flash document, so I thought just to put a div
    over it. However, for some reason this does not work. Whatever i do, Flash
    takes priority.

    Thanks again

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Oct 23, 2005
  4. "windandwaves" <> said:

    > www.sunnysideup.co.nz/clients/azur/

    You want to hide part of the intro flash? Anyway, are you loading
    those images dynamically? From the wait to get that intro going I
    would guess not. (I am on cable)

    Put the first image into the main flash swf. Then load the other
    images in the background. My guess is that you could almost lose the
    entire preloader.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 23, 2005
  5. windandwaves

    G Guest

    "windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    >
    > I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
    >
    > Any hints greatly appreciated.

    I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems to be
    on the top... its something to do with the way its written to the screen ...

    G, Oct 23, 2005
  6. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:
    > "windandwaves" <> said:
    >
    >> www.sunnysideup.co.nz/clients/azur/

    > You want to hide part of the intro flash? Anyway, are you loading
    > those images dynamically? From the wait to get that intro going I
    > would guess not. (I am on cable)
    >
    > Put the first image into the main flash swf. Then load the other
    > images in the background. My guess is that you could almost lose the
    > entire preloader.

    I did not make the flash.

    windandwaves, Oct 23, 2005
  7. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    G wrote:
    > "windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    >>
    >> I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
    >>
    >> Any hints greatly appreciated.

    > I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems
    > to be on the top... its something to do with the way its written to
    > the screen ...

    That is the impression I get.

    windandwaves, Oct 23, 2005
  8. windandwaves

    * Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:57:14 GMT, "G" <> wrote:

    >"windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    >>
    >> I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.
    >>
    >> Any hints greatly appreciated.

    >I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems to be
    >on the top... its something to do with the way its written to the screen ...

    http://www.selteco.com/tutorials/t1026.asp

    Works in IE and Opera, not Firefox.

    *, Oct 23, 2005
  9. windandwaves

    G Guest

    "*" <*@> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:57:14 GMT, "G" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know how you can put html over a flash object?
    >>> I tried and tried (e.g. z-index), but no luck.

    >>I don't think its possible - not in IE anyhow, the flash always seems to
    >>be
    >>on the top... its something to do with the way its written to the screen
    >>

    > http://www.selteco.com/tutorials/t1026.asp
    >
    > Works in IE and Opera, not Firefox.

    Wow - cool - looks like I was wrong, I had tried for hours before, that
    looks really simple - wonder why I struggled (still... don't need to now)

    G, Oct 24, 2005