HTML over .net controls

Mark Broadbent

Is it recommend to use .net web controls always over html controls when they
exist OR (as I believe) should HTML controls and HTML be preferred when no
server side code is needed (because I think the script is slightly quicker)

--
Br,

Mark Broadbent

mcad, mcdba , mcse+i

Kevin Spencer

Rule of thumb: Use the Control with the smallest footprint that you need.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Guest

I don't think one is recommended over the other. It really depends on what
you want to use. Some controls are only available in WebControls and you
have to use them. I tend to use HTML controls and use Web controls when
there is no equiv in HtmlControls.

Mark Broadbent

Thanks Kevin.