HTML overwritten by Response.OutputStream.Write

Richard

I'm working on a site that creates mailing labels. When a label is
generated, two things happen in the background with the image.

First, it is saved as a smaller low-quality .gif on the server and
then presented as a preview using an img tag (also later used for a
history feature on the site).

Second, when the user clicks on the image, a new window appears with
only the mailing label as a high-quality .png graphic. I don't save
the .png image to conserve hardrive space, so I use
response.outputstream.write to output the image array. I do this
because it is important to have crisp barcodes on the labels.

The problem is that by doing this, the html in the aspx file isn't
sent to the client, just the image. I would like to use
window.print() on the client side. I tried using
Page.RegisterStartUpScript; it runs, but isn't output to the user no
matter if it is ran before or after the OutputStream.

Anyone else seen a similar problem?

Is there a way to display an image that is in server memory to an
image tag?

Bob Barrows

Richard said:
The problem is that by doing this, the html in the aspx file isn't

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

Bob Barrows