    and close with the html page displayed within this?
    I have experience with VB.NET if anyone has any ideas in that area.

    Regards, Carl Gilbert
    Carl Gilbert, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Carl Gilbert

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Carl Gilbert said:

    > At the moment, the pages each contains a table 800x533, the window would
    > therefore be this size.

    i have many browsers, none of them have a window anywhere near that
    size.

    > In addition, I would not require any navigational buttons as provided in web
    > browsers.

    your users would think differently. removing or attempting to remove
    browser functionality is a great way to shoot yourself in the foot.

    > Is it possible to have a fixed size window

    modern browsers prevent authors screwing around with the GUI.

    > I have experience with VB.NET

    if vb.net allows you to create your own browser go for it. if not then
    you have to design your pages to work *with* your users browsers, not
    against them.

    > if anyone has any ideas in that area.

    loosen up, build flexibility into your pages. don't waste your time
    worrying about the users G/UI, it can look after itself. all you have to
    do is present your goodies in a usable attractive manner. easy peasy

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 12, 2004