HTML page in fixed window locally

Carl Gilbert

Hi

I have a series of web pages and wish to allow users to access the pages
from a CD.

At the moment, the pages each contains a table 800x533, the window would
therefore be this size.
In addition, I would not require any navigational buttons as provided in web
browsers.

Is it possible to have a fixed size window with just the title bar, minimise
and close with the html page displayed within this?
I have experience with VB.NET if anyone has any ideas in that area.

Regards, Carl Gilbert

brucie

In alt.html Carl Gilbert said:
At the moment, the pages each contains a table 800x533, the window would
therefore be this size.

i have many browsers, none of them have a window anywhere near that
size.
In addition, I would not require any navigational buttons as provided in web
browsers.

your users would think differently. removing or attempting to remove
browser functionality is a great way to shoot yourself in the foot.
Is it possible to have a fixed size window

modern browsers prevent authors screwing around with the GUI.
I have experience with VB.NET

if vb.net allows you to create your own browser go for it. if not then
you have to design your pages to work *with* your users browsers, not
against them.
if anyone has any ideas in that area.

loosen up, build flexibility into your pages. don't waste your time
worrying about the users G/UI, it can look after itself. all you have to
do is present your goodies in a usable attractive manner. easy peasy