    --
    Gustavo G. Rondina
    http://gustgr.freeshell.org
    Gustavo G. Rondina, Aug 21, 2004

  2. (Gustavo G. Rondina) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am using libcurl to grab an html file from a remote http site. How
    > can I parse this file in order to produce a "formatted" output? Is
    > there any lib around that performs this action?

    You can use CodeWorker, a universal parsing tool and a versatile
    source code generator, freeware available at
    "http://www.codeworker.org".

    You describe how you want to parse the HTML page via an extended-BNF
    script, which will extract only the data you are interested in. Then,
    you save the resulting data in a file, writing a template-based script
    for the code (text here) generation.

    It is highly declarative, well-adapted to the data extraction from
    HTML pages.

    If you don't want to call the interpreter of CodeWorker as an external
    tool, it is available as a C++ library too. But I don't know if it is
    easy to link a C++ library to a C program.
    Cedric LEMAIRE, Aug 21, 2004