HTML Parser

subhabangalore

Dear Group,

I was looking for a good tutorial for a "HTML Parser". My intention was to extract tables from web pages or information from tables in web pages.

I tried to make a search, I got HTMLParser, BeautifulSoup, etc. HTMLParser works fine for me, but I am looking for a good tutorial to learn it nicely.

I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

I am using Python 2.7 on Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit).

I am looking for a good tutorial for HTMLParser or any similar parser which have an .exe file for my environment and a good tutorial.

If anyone of the learned members can kindly suggest.

Thanking You in Advance,
Regards,
Subhabrata.

Neil Cerutti

Dear Group,

I was looking for a good tutorial for a "HTML Parser". My
intention was to extract tables from web pages or information
from tables in web pages.

I tried to make a search, I got HTMLParser, BeautifulSoup, etc.
HTMLParser works fine for me, but I am looking for a good
tutorial to learn it nicely.

Take a read of the topic "Parsing, creating, and Manipulating
HTML Documents" from chapter five of Text Processing in Python.

http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/chap5.txt

Steven D'Aprano

I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

I believe that BeautifulSoup is a pure-Python module, and so does not
have a .exe file. However, it does have good tutorials:

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=beautifulsoup+tutorial

I am looking for a good tutorial for HTMLParser or any similar parser
which have an .exe file for my environment and a good tutorial.

Why do you care about a .exe file? Most Python libraries are .py files.

Joshua Landau

I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

Were you perhaps looking for a .exe file to install BeautifulSoup?
It's quite plausible that a windows user like you might be dazzled at
the idea of a .tar.gz.

I suggest just using "pip install beautifulsoup4" at a command prompt.
See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...l-beautiful-soup-4-with-python-2-7-on-windows
for explanations -- there are links for things you need to know.

But basically, use BeautifulSoup. It does what you need.