    Regards,
    Subhabrata.
    , Jul 2, 2013

  2. Neil Cerutti Guest

    On 2013-07-02, <> wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > I was looking for a good tutorial for a "HTML Parser". My
    > intention was to extract tables from web pages or information
    > from tables in web pages.
    >
    > I tried to make a search, I got HTMLParser, BeautifulSoup, etc.
    > HTMLParser works fine for me, but I am looking for a good
    > tutorial to learn it nicely.

    Take a read of the topic "Parsing, creating, and Manipulating
    HTML Documents" from chapter five of Text Processing in Python.

    http://gnosis.cx/TPiP/chap5.txt

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Neil Cerutti, Jul 2, 2013

  3. On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 10:43:03 -0700, subhabangalore wrote:

    > I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

    I believe that BeautifulSoup is a pure-Python module, and so does not
    have a .exe file. However, it does have good tutorials:

    https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=beautifulsoup tutorial

    > I am looking for a good tutorial for HTMLParser or any similar parser
    > which have an .exe file for my environment and a good tutorial.

    Why do you care about a .exe file? Most Python libraries are .py files.

    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Jul 3, 2013
  4. On 2 July 2013 18:43, <> wrote:
    > I could not use BeautifulSoup as I did not find an .exe file.

    Were you perhaps looking for a .exe file to install BeautifulSoup?
    It's quite plausible that a windows user like you might be dazzled at
    the idea of a .tar.gz.

    I suggest just using "pip install beautifulsoup4" at a command prompt.
    See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...l-beautiful-soup-4-with-python-2-7-on-windows
    for explanations -- there are links for things you need to know.

    But basically, use BeautifulSoup. It does what you need.
    Joshua Landau, Jul 3, 2013