html + php problem

eeh

My PHP file cannot display Chinese font correctly and automatically
under IE. I have checked IE that the encoding scheme is detected to be
western European.

Actually I have written the following header in the php file:

<head>
<title>

Toby Inkster

eeh said:

Use a *real* HTTP header -- not that junk.

<?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=big5"); ?>

at the very top of your file -- before the DOCTYPE and <html> bits.

Edwin van der Vaart

Toby said:
Use a *real* HTTP header -- not that junk.

<?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=big5"); ?>

at the very top of your file -- before the DOCTYPE and <html> bits.
But why get I "No Character Encoding Found! Using iso-8859-1" during
validation of the page?
--
Edwin van der Vaart
24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.

Toby Inkster

Edwin said:
But why get I "No Character Encoding Found! Using iso-8859-1" during
validation of the page?

Because you've uploaded the HTML file rather than pointing the validator
at the URL.