    Actually I have written the following header in the php file:

    <head>
    <title>
    eeh, Feb 18, 2006

  2. eeh

    Toby Inkster Guest

    eeh wrote:

    Use a *real* HTTP header -- not that junk.

    <?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=big5"); ?>

    at the very top of your file -- before the DOCTYPE and <html> bits.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > eeh wrote:

    > Use a *real* HTTP header -- not that junk.
    >
    > <?php header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=big5"); ?>
    >
    > at the very top of your file -- before the DOCTYPE and <html> bits.

    But why get I "No Character Encoding Found! Using iso-8859-1" during
    validation of the page?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.
    Edwin van der Vaart, Feb 18, 2006
  4. eeh

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > But why get I "No Character Encoding Found! Using iso-8859-1" during
    > validation of the page?

    Because you've uploaded the HTML file rather than pointing the validator
    at the URL.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Feb 18, 2006