HTML problem with Nova Greeting Card Factory

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Sharon, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    I just received Nova Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (version 3) program
    as a gift.You are supposed to be able to publish a project as HTML and
    view it on the Web but I am having a problem trying to publish a
    greeting card as HTML. I can save and upload the project with FTP
    just fine but I cannot view it correctly online. The front page of
    the card will come up but that's it. The inside pages can't be
    viewed and there are no options to click on anything to get to
    them. When I save a project it saves it in folder with several
    files including jpgs, js and an index.htm. When I upload it to the
    web it is supposed to come up as the complete card but it doesn't.
    Any ideas? I was instructed to contact my ISP to see what the
    viewing problem might be. I checked with my server and I have the
    folder uploaded correctly. They aren't familiar with the software
    and don't know why it isn't displaying completely. I can't find
    any sites with information on this. I'm hoping that someone has used
    the program and may be able to tell me what
    I need to do.

    Sharon
    Sharon, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Sharon

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bt2og7$2paki$-berlin.de>
    Sharon said:

    > I just received Nova Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (version 3) program
    > as a gift.

    you said that last week

    > You are supposed to be able to publish a project as HTML and view it
    > on the Web but I am having a problem trying to publish a greeting
    > card as HTML. I can save and upload the project with FTP just fine
    > but I cannot view it correctly online.

    you really need to supply a link to the page so people can have a look.

    --
    brucie
    02/January/2004 06:18:32 pm kilo
    brucie, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in post <news:bt2og7$2paki$-berlin.de>
    > Sharon said:
    >

    >>I just received Nova Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (version 3) program
    >>as a gift.

    > you said that last week

    Sorry, Someone suggested I try this group and when I did a search of
    messages nothing came up so I thought I had tried a different HTML group.

    >>You are supposed to be able to publish a project as HTML and view it
    >>on the Web but I am having a problem trying to publish a greeting
    >>card as HTML. I can save and upload the project with FTP just fine
    >>but I cannot view it correctly online.

    > you really need to supply a link to the page so people can have a look.

    Here is an url to a test card:
    http://www.uneedspeed.net/~sharonf/anniversary/index.htm

    In the card projest there are other pages but they do not show up here.
    There is nothing to click on to get to them.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Sharon

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bt48np$36ms4$-berlin.de>
    Sharon said:

    > Here is an url to a test card:
    > http://www.uneedspeed.net/~sharonf/anniversary/index.htm
    >
    > In the card projest there are other pages but they do not show up here.
    > There is nothing to click on to get to them.

    you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
    'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
    got one.

    have a look at the directory structure on your computer where the card
    works and mirror it on the sever.

    and my name is brucie, not jerry

    --
    brucie
    03/January/2004 08:13:56 am kilo
    brucie, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in post <news:bt48np$36ms4$-berlin.de>
    > Sharon said:
    >

    >>Here is an url to a test card:
    >>http://www.uneedspeed.net/~sharonf/anniversary/index.htm
    >>
    >>In the card projest there are other pages but they do not show up here.
    >>There is nothing to click on to get to them.

    > you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
    > 'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
    > got one.

    I noticed that also, but the program is supposed to create everything
    needed when you click on save to HTML. However, it didn't for the
    greeting card project. I tried delelting the whole folder and then
    recreating it but the same thing happens. I tried this a few times and
    only once was there an assets subfolder created. Inside that folder
    there was only one file and it was for a background color.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Sharon

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bt51fu$3ga8a$-berlin.de>
    Sharon said:

    >> you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
    >> 'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
    >> got one.

    > I noticed that also, but the program is supposed to create everything
    > needed when you click on save to HTML. However, it didn't for the
    > greeting card project. I tried delelting the whole folder and then
    > recreating it but the same thing happens. I tried this a few times and
    > only once was there an assets subfolder created. Inside that folder
    > there was only one file and it was for a background color.

    i went to download a demo copy to have a play with but unfortunately
    they want my life history before they allow it so all i can recommend is
    contact their support people: http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/

    --
    brucie
    03/January/2004 10:27:32 am kilo
    brucie, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > in post <news:bt51fu$3ga8a$-berlin.de>
    > Sharon said:
    >

    >>>you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
    >>>'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
    >>>got one.

    >>I noticed that also, but the program is supposed to create everything
    >>needed when you click on save to HTML. However, it didn't for the
    >>greeting card project. I tried delelting the whole folder and then
    >>recreating it but the same thing happens. I tried this a few times and
    >>only once was there an assets subfolder created. Inside that folder
    >>there was only one file and it was for a background color.

    > i went to download a demo copy to have a play with but unfortunately
    > they want my life history before they allow it so all i can recommend is
    > contact their support people: http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/

    Thanks for trying to help. I have contacted their support people and am
    awaiting a reply.

    Sharon
    Sharon, Jan 3, 2004