HTML problem with Nova Greeting Card Factory

Sharon

I just received Nova Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (version 3) program
as a gift.You are supposed to be able to publish a project as HTML and
view it on the Web but I am having a problem trying to publish a
greeting card as HTML. I can save and upload the project with FTP
just fine but I cannot view it correctly online. The front page of
the card will come up but that's it. The inside pages can't be
viewed and there are no options to click on anything to get to
them. When I save a project it saves it in folder with several
files including jpgs, js and an index.htm. When I upload it to the
web it is supposed to come up as the complete card but it doesn't.
Any ideas? I was instructed to contact my ISP to see what the
viewing problem might be. I checked with my server and I have the
folder uploaded correctly. They aren't familiar with the software
and don't know why it isn't displaying completely. I can't find
any sites with information on this. I'm hoping that someone has used
the program and may be able to tell me what
I need to do.

Sharon

brucie

I just received Nova Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (version 3) program
as a gift.

you said that last week
You are supposed to be able to publish a project as HTML and view it
on the Web but I am having a problem trying to publish a greeting
card as HTML. I can save and upload the project with FTP just fine
but I cannot view it correctly online.

you really need to supply a link to the page so people can have a look.

Sharon

brucie said:
in post <Sharon said:

you said that last week

Sorry, Someone suggested I try this group and when I did a search of
messages nothing came up so I thought I had tried a different HTML group.
you really need to supply a link to the page so people can have a look.

Here is an url to a test card:
http://www.uneedspeed.net/~sharonf/anniversary/index.htm

In the card projest there are other pages but they do not show up here.
There is nothing to click on to get to them.

Sharon

brucie

Here is an url to a test card:
http://www.uneedspeed.net/~sharonf/anniversary/index.htm

In the card projest there are other pages but they do not show up here.
There is nothing to click on to get to them.

you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
got one.

have a look at the directory structure on your computer where the card
works and mirror it on the sever.

and my name is brucie, not jerry

Sharon

brucie said:
in post <Sharon said:

you're missing files. for example you should have a directory called
'assets' with some images and a sound file in it but the server hasn't
got one.

I noticed that also, but the program is supposed to create everything
needed when you click on save to HTML. However, it didn't for the
greeting card project. I tried delelting the whole folder and then
recreating it but the same thing happens. I tried this a few times and
only once was there an assets subfolder created. Inside that folder
there was only one file and it was for a background color.

Sharon

brucie

I noticed that also, but the program is supposed to create everything
needed when you click on save to HTML. However, it didn't for the
greeting card project. I tried delelting the whole folder and then
recreating it but the same thing happens. I tried this a few times and
only once was there an assets subfolder created. Inside that folder
there was only one file and it was for a background color.

i went to download a demo copy to have a play with but unfortunately
they want my life history before they allow it so all i can recommend is
contact their support people: http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/