html rendered in Managed Newsgroups

John Beschler

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but...

Whenever someone posts code in one of these newsgroups
(i.e. this one!) My browser is rendering the code and NOT
displaying the source.

For example, Ray's response to the question
about "Request.form.count varies by machine"
renders the text box with the test "something else" in it.

I think this is a new phenomena, as I don't remember this
happening before.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

Ray at

Whatever online newsreader you're using isn't html encoding or something
then. That's odd. This should show up as html for you then, I'd imagine:

<input name="txt" type="text" value="something
else">

I wonder if this will work.
<script language="javascript">alert('Hey John');</script>

Ray at work

John Beschler

Talk about a security hole!