HTML required for selecting text along with checkbox? (WebForms/mshtml designer question)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joergen Bech, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Joergen Bech

    Joergen Bech Guest

    Trying to implement my own webforms designer to be hosted
    in a WinForms environment.

    Basically: I know that mshtml is used in the VS.Net 2003 WebForms
    designer, but the HTML behind the scenes is not the same as what
    is found on the HTML tab, i.e.

    <asp:CheckBox id=" ...

    would be translated to something like

    <INPUT id=CheckBox8 type=checkbox name=CheckBox8><LABEL
    for=CheckBox8>CheckBox8</LABEL>

    for the benefit of rendering in mshtml. Then, when the user switches
    to HTML editing, the ids are translated back to <asp: ...

    Or so I believe.

    This works nicely for, say, a button, where I get the drag handles
    around the whole button, but for a checkbox, I only get the handles
    around the check mark itself - not the text that goes along with it.
    Yet in the VS.Net 2003 WebForms editor, the whole checkbox with
    the text is selected and processed at once.

    When using GetDesignTimeHTML on the checkbox (actually,
    RenderControl),
    I only get the <INPUT ....><LABLE for=...> as shown above, but
    there must be more to it.

    Additional tags around the RenderControl HTML?

    Or a property of mshtml that needs to be modified?

    Getting desperate :( Tried to dump the whole memory of my machine
    to disk, then hunt for some html that might be what the designer was
    using behind the scenes, but I only found the RenderControl HTML
    above, wrapped in <span> </span> tags, so I believe it is an mshtml
    setting?!?

    Joergen Bech

    Joergen Bech, Jul 27, 2005