<HTML:SELECT onChange="onSelection();"> HELP!!!!!!

Anders S. Clausen

Hi

I have a selection box on a pop-up window and I would like to get the
value every time a new value is selected in the selection box. How do
I pass that value in to the onSelection() that I'm calling from the
onChange event handler??? See code below.

size="1" styleclass="dropdown" styleId="documentType"
onChange="onSelection();">
<bean:define id="documentTypeList"
name="<%=UIConstants.DEAL_BEAN_KEY%>" property="documentTypeList"
type="java.util.Collection"/>
labelProperty="label" />

Cheers.

Anders

Chris Riesbeck

Hi

I have a selection box on a pop-up window and I would like to get the
value every time a new value is selected in the selection box. How do
I pass that value in to the onSelection() that I'm calling from the
onChange event handler??? See code below.

size="1" styleclass="dropdown" styleId="documentType"
onChange="onSelection();">

onSelection(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)

Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
How to call Struts Action using JavaScript

My web page has a drop down box, and I want to call struts action as
soon as the value changes from the drop down.
(Basically submit a form using JavaScript on "onchange" event of
dropdown)

my script is given below:
<script language="Javascript">

function selectServiceType() {
var len = document.forms.length;
var formName = null;
for(var i = 0; i < len; i++) {
formName = document.forms;
}
document.form.submit();
}

my select tag is like this:

Can someone give me a direction for such JavaScript?