    was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
    because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
    what is allot of work.
    gert, Mar 2, 2007

  2. In <>, gert wrote:

    > I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
    > was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
    > because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
    > what is allot of work.

    Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
    `Cursor Objects`:

    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Mar 2, 2007

  3. gert

    gert Guest

    On Mar 2, 7:33 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:
    > In <>, gert wrote:
    > > I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
    > > was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
    > > because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
    > > what is allot of work.

    > Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
    > `Cursor Objects`:
    >
    > http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

    i think so :) if cursor.description would give me for example the word
    databases when i do a query like "show databases" or gives me all the
    column names when i do "select * from mytable"
    gert, Mar 2, 2007
  4. gert

    gert Guest

    On Mar 2, 8:33 am, "gert" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 7:33 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <> wrote:
    >
    > > In <>, gert wrote:
    > > > I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
    > > > was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
    > > > because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
    > > > what is allot of work.

    > > Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
    > > `Cursor Objects`:

    > > http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

    > i think so :) if cursor.description would give me for example the word
    > databases when i do a query like "show databases" or gives me all the
    > column names when i do "select * from mytable"

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfo/

    Alrigdy i have columns with names now thx :)
    gert, Mar 3, 2007
  5. gert

    gert Guest

    gert, Mar 4, 2007