HTML Strict Help Please!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by e n | c k m a, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    Recently I started work on a PHP class that would help me update "News"
    messages on web sites easily and everything went perfectly until today. I
    kept hearing people say "You should try using HTML 4.01 Strict since you're
    starting a new web site!". So I thought why not, I'll give it a go. I'd
    never worked with it before but was willing to try it out and hopefully
    start a new chapter in my web development education.

    Anyway, here's some code that validates under HTML 4.01 Strict [I can't show
    you the whole page because I have no server to put it on]. The only problem
    with this code is that the news "header" text ["another test"] is put on the
    same line as the "article" text ["This is a test..."]. I want it to be to
    the right of the date and header separator [" :: "].
    How would I do this?

    Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: red; font-size: small;
    font-weight: none; font-style: none; background-color:

    sans-serif; color: blue; font-size: small; font-weight: none; font-style:
    italic; background-color: none">another test</div>

    color: black; font-size: small; font-weight: none; font-style: none;
    background-color: none">This is a test...</p>

    Thanks in advance,

    Nick.
    e n | c k m a, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Nevermind,

    I was able to fix it and have it still validate okay - I'm happy now :)

    Thanks anyway.

    Nick.
    e n | c k m a, Jul 22, 2003