html 'table bordercolor' browser problem

glittlemore

Hi,

I designed a table layout menu
for my site and set a bordercolor
which ultimately I think looks good
and also seperates site category links.

However, the bordercolor surrounding my
links is only visible in IE.It's not visable
when viewed in mozilla firefox or opera.

Does anyone know a solution to this
problem - in terms of still achieving the same
table bordercolor effect seen in IE - but so it is
visible in Mozilla and Opera etc.

Here's the code:

cellspacing="2" width="180">

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Gemma

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

I designed a table layout menu for my site and set a bordercolor which
ultimately I think looks good and also seperates site category links.

However, the bordercolor surrounding my links is only visible in
IE.It's not visable when viewed in mozilla firefox or opera.

Put that on a page on your server and send it to the validator to see if
you have any mistakes. Then provide URL please.

http://validator.w3.org/

Toby Inkster

glittlemore said:
cellspacing="2" width="180">

The "bgcolor" attribute is deprecated: avoid it. The "bordercolor"
attribute has never even existed: the fact that it works anywhere is a
miracle.

Use this:

and add the following styles to the HEAD of your document:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
..mytablestyle {
background: white;
border: 2px solid #99ccff;