HTML Table To Excel

Guest

I have an HTML table which has all kinds of special formatting and coloring
and I am looking for how I should get this output to excel.

I have an example working which is using the response.write and a
Datagrid.RenderControl method to stream the output to excel. I am guessing
that this method merely writes the out put to my datastream rather then
outputing the result to my web page, but the output would look just exactly
like it is currently rendered in my HTML page.... Is that about right?

If I were to the same with my HTML table, would all of my coloring and
formatting be rendered correctly?

Can I create a formula and place it into a cell? What would this look like?

Rajagopal Pasupuleti

You can use ASP.NET to generate a CSV file of Mime Type text/plain or
text/csv and write it back to the browser