Html Tables

Barry Pearson

Whitecrest said:
Ok , I build most of my websites ( just like you people ) using
tables? [snip]
until now i wrote the html code by hand in dreamweaver , but i got
tired of doing that and i wanted you yo ask if you know a good
software , freeware or shareware , it doesnt matter , that is
specialized in html tables , dreamweaver doesnt fills my needs
anymore and i want to use a specialized software for my tables . If
you know a software like that please post.

If dreamweaver doesn't do it, then it is a pretty good guess that
nothing else will either. (but you sound like a troll)

Dreamweaver can generate tables very well.

I think MX 2004 has pretty good support for data tables. For example, click on
the button to insert a table, and you get prompted for where (if at all) you
want headers. Left, top, or both, (or neither). Then look at the code, and you
have proper (as far as I can tell) scope attributes for them. (You also get
prompted for caption & scope information). Add an extra row or column, and
scope gets replicated consistently. Plenty of features for inserting extra
rows & columns, deleting them, merging or splitting cells (colspan & rowspan),
etc. Easy to add ID and/or CLASS attributes to the table, rows, cells, etc. It
puts in even the optional closing tags (well, I like that). (Support for
thead, etc, isn't as good). And tables are presented in a pseudo-WYSIWYG
manner.

For layout tables, stay out of Layout Mode. It generates fragile tables, with
lots of heights & widths & spans. But just treat them like simple data tables
without headers & the rest, and they are then clean.

Perhaps the OP wasn't saying that Dreamweaver was poor at tables?

David Segall

Posted and emailed:
StudioWorks said:
Ok it apers that i said " just like you people " but what i really ment
was " just like most of you " , i corrected the error in the first
post.

I just registered on this forum TODAY and i will be leaving TODAY ALSO
becouse i dont like your attitude , try to be a little more nice with
the people asking for help.
That's all , bye.
Don't give up. There is no doubt that many members are highly
opinionated and have dictatorial views on what is proper HTML and how
to achieve it. They also choose W3C standards as bedtime reading. The
combination makes them both entertaining and valuable consultants.

StudioWorks

Ok , i said i wouldn't post again on this forum but i just couldn
resist the temptation.

I dont know what to say about you guys , in a word : YOU SUCK .

Try helping people if you post on this forum , dont insult them , didn
your momy told ya that insulting people is bad ? grow up...

Thanks for your comments Weyoun the Dancing Borg
-
StudioWork

David Segall

StudioWorks said:
Ok , i said i wouldn't post again on this forum but i just couldnt
resist the temptation.

I dont know what to say about you guys , in a word : YOU SUCK .
This sentence indicates that you have ignored your mother's wise words
as outlined in your next sentence.
Try helping people if you post on this forum , dont insult them , didnt
your momy told ya that insulting people is bad ? grow up...
As a grown up, why not ask your questions of the group and benefit
from their knowledge and experience? As a grown up you can ignore the
abrasive comments that may accompany the advice.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven StudioWorks:
Try helping people if you post on this forum , dont insult them ,
didnt your momy told ya that insulting people is bad ? grow up...

But... we are *NOT* posting "on this forum." This forum is just a
front for a USENET NEWSGROUP: alt.html

Get it?

Karl Groves

StudioWorks said:
Try helping people if you post on this forum , dont insult them , didnt
your momy told ya that insulting people is bad ? grow up...

i just re-read the thread, and *nobody* insulted you.

-Karl

Kris

StudioWorks said:
Ok , I build most of my websites ( just like you people ) using tables

There is no one setting next to me, so you must be talking about me,
right..?

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Kris said:
How can one not grow up?

by hanging on Usenet, and also in Duke Nukem 3D there was a Shrink Ray :D

--

Quiet, Pinky; I'm pondering.
_ _
/~\\ \ //~\
| \\ \ // |
[ || || ]
] Y || || Y [
| \_|l,------.l|_/ |
| >' `< |
\ (/~`--____--'~\) /
`-_>-__________-<_-'
/(_#(__)#_)\
\___/__\___/
/__`--'__\
/\(__,>-~~ __)
/\//\\( `--~~ )
'\/ <^\ /^>
_\ >-__-< /_
(___\ /___)

Nicolai P. Zwar

Richard said:
In what way? The amount of money you waste on it?
Doesn't do anything notepad can't do.

It may not do much that Notepad cannot actually _do, but it does a lot
more a lot better than Notepad, that's for sure. Notepad is for masochists.

Nicolai P. Zwar

StudioWorks said:
Ok , i said i wouldn't post again on this forum but i just couldnt
resist the temptation.

I dont know what to say about you guys , in a word : YOU SUCK .

Try helping people if you post on this forum , dont insult them , didnt
your momy told ya that insulting people is bad ?

Rather ironic, coming from somebody who insulted an entire group with
"you suck" just because he doesn't care for the answers he gets.

grow up...

Even more ironic advise, coming from somebody obviously unable to
"resist the temptation" to insult people merely because they don't give
him what he wants.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

you ended that sentence with a preposition. you bastard!

--

Quiet, Pinky; I'm pondering.
_ _
/~\\ \ //~\