    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    the Netherlands

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 19, 2003

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#edef-HTML

    --
    Karl Core

    At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

    eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

    EightNineThree, Oct 19, 2003

  3. "EightNineThree" <> schreef in bericht

    > "Samuël van Laere" <> wrote in message
    > > I've seen some websites that use the <html> tag
    > > before the <head> and after the <body>.
    > >
    > > Is this needed?
    > > I mean it validates without, so what is the deal with that tag?
    > >

    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#edef-HTML
    >

    > --
    > Karl Core
    >
    > At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    > cease to be insipid.
    > Friedrich Nietzsche
    >
    > eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

    Thanks for the link Karl,

    Its just what i needed.
    I was looking at this website:
    http://www.notomatoes.be/
    and noticed that specific tag on there own website.
    And those people get payed to build websites for company's and such..

    --
    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Samuël van Laere

    brucie Guest

    In post <irmkb.308219$>
    Samuël van Laere said...

    > I've seen some websites that use the <html> tag
    > before the <head> and after the <body>.
    >
    > Is this needed?

    no. its a huge international conspiracy by the pervayors of bandwidth
    to increase peoples usage in any way they can.

    saves 39 bytes *per page*.

    --
    brucie.
    19/October/2003 12:45:18 pm

    brucie, Oct 19, 2003
  5. While the city slept, brucie <> feverishly typed:

    > In post <irmkb.308219$>
    > Samuël van Laere said...
    >
    >> I've seen some websites that use the <html> tag
    >> before the <head> and after the <body>.
    >>
    >> Is this needed?

    > no. its a huge international conspiracy by the pervayors of bandwidth
    > to increase peoples usage in any way they can.

    > saves 39 bytes *per page*.

    And just think how much more you could save by leaving out all those pesky

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Samuël van Laere

    Chris Morris Guest

    "nice.guy.nige" <> writes:
    > While the city slept, brucie <> feverishly typed:
    > > no. its a huge international conspiracy by the pervayors of bandwidth
    > > to increase peoples usage in any way they can.

    > > saves 39 bytes *per page*.

    > And just think how much more you could save by leaving out all those pesky

    Well, the </p> tag is optional in HTML, so you could save a bit.
    Though I wouldn't recommend doing this if you use CSS.

    As far as saving bandwidth by taking out alt attributes goes, you save
    *far* *far* more by taking out the src attribute instead.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Oct 19, 2003