html tags and webpages

Discussion in 'Python' started by jeff, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    Hiya,

    I had a go at this in perl and to be fairly honest perl scared me, i
    didnt like the language one bit, ive used python before and find it a
    "clean" language to use.

    Basically what i want to do is create a script in python that will
    look at a website and pull off a certain type of html tag and anything
    contained within them tags,

    I did this in perl but would like to do it in python, in perl i had to
    use a module would i need to do this sort of think in python??

    any help greatly appreciated, im not OS specific as i use both windows
    and linux but that wouldnt matter for a scripting language other than
    in the file handling??

    cheers

    greg

    jeff, Jul 17, 2003

  2. jeff

    Harald Massa Guest

    gret,

    google for dive into python.

    Exactly your job is described there in great detail, with examples.

    Best wishes,

    harald

    Harald Massa, Jul 17, 2003

  3. jeff