html tags and webpages

jeff

Hiya,

I had a go at this in perl and to be fairly honest perl scared me, i
didnt like the language one bit, ive used python before and find it a
"clean" language to use.

Basically what i want to do is create a script in python that will
look at a website and pull off a certain type of html tag and anything
contained within them tags,

I did this in perl but would like to do it in python, in perl i had to
use a module would i need to do this sort of think in python??

any help greatly appreciated, im not OS specific as i use both windows
and linux but that wouldnt matter for a scripting language other than
in the file handling??

cheers

greg

Harald Massa

gret,

google for dive into python.

Exactly your job is described there in great detail, with examples.

Best wishes,

harald