    thanks

    cheers
    ajay

    Ajay, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Ajay wrote:
    > i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
    > using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

    I'm using Cheetah for a project, and I love it. I've never tried
    HTMLTemplate, though.
    Leif K-Brooks, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Ajay

    Tim Roberts Guest

    Ajay <> wrote:

    >i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
    >using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

    This is such a personal decision. It really depends on what appears to
    you.

    I like Cheetah's templating language a lot. I use Webware as my web app
    server, but I use Cheetah for doing the templates instead of the Webware
    PSP.

    For a small dynamic site, however, I could learn to like CherryPy as well.
    You compile the whole web site along with a simple web server into a single
    script.

    >also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this session
    >management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

    "Just" a cookie? How would you do session management more securely?
    --
    - Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
    Tim Roberts, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Ajay

    Ajay Guest

    > >also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this

    > session
    > >management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

    > "Just" a cookie? How would you do session management more securely?

    well what i really meant is whether the data is just kept on the cookie or
    is a hash of the data (and some random string) also stored. or do you
    store the name of a tmp file on the cookie and the file itself contains
    the session data.
    i think i'll give cheetah a try

    cheers

    Ajay, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Ajay

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Ajay:
    >i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
    >using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

    I've used Cheetah and it's great. I have no experience with HTMLTemplate
    though.

    >also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this session
    >management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

    Feel lucky:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=quixote session management

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Aug 20, 2004
  6. I tried Cheetah and found it to be a bit slow. Maybe it has too many
    features. The template language is great, though.

    For speed, I'd recommend mod_python + psyco

    =?iso-8859-15?Q?Pierre-Fr=E9d=E9ric_Caillaud?=, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Ajay

    Tim Roberts Guest

    Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud <> wrote:

    > I tried Cheetah and found it to be a bit slow. Maybe it has too many
    >features. The template language is great, though.

    There is some code in the WebWare wiki that demonstrates how to cache
    Cheetah templates, so they only get recompiled when they change. That can
    help performance on sites that rarely change.
    Tim Roberts, Aug 24, 2004