    1 Filtering text from html? (removing html tags, etc)

    2 Displaying HTML in a windows form

    or any other useful utilities for dealing with raw HTML.
    _eee_, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Displaying HTML In a Windows form - the easiest way is to use the Web
    Browser control. Filtering text from XML is a bit trickier, but if you are
    using the Web Browser control you can use the innerText property to get all
    the text stripped off the tags returned. Not that that is terribly usful in
    anything but the simplest HTML forms.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Feb 28, 2004

  3. _eee_

    _eee_ Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:50:32 -1000, "Rick Strahl [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >Displaying HTML In a Windows form - the easiest way is to use the Web
    >Browser control. Filtering text from XML is a bit trickier, but if you are
    >using the Web Browser control you can use the innerText property to get all
    >the text stripped off the tags returned. Not that that is terribly usful in
    >anything but the simplest HTML forms.
    >
    >+++ Rick ---

    Thanks, Rick. I had used that control before, but with MFC. That
    project sent the browser to web-based URL's.

    I didn't realize it could decode/display an in-memory html string.
    Have you done this before? I didn't see calls for that. (Doesn't mean
    that they aren't there)
    _eee_, Feb 28, 2004
  4. You can use the WebBrowser control to use local file Urls or if you have to
    setting it via the MSHTML DOM (which requires a nother import)... However, I
    would use files rather than DOM methods as you have more control over the
    document (ie. you can get the headers in there which can't be done with an
    already loaded document).

    +++ Rick ---

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Feb 28, 2004