HTML to Color HTML

Possum

Hi

Is there a tool I can use for converting plain html text I am writing into
color coded HTML I can paste into my web page and post on the net so other
can see the colored code..

dorayme

"Possum said:
Hi

Is there a tool I can use for converting plain html text I am writing into
color coded HTML I can paste into my web page and post on the net so other
can see the colored code..

Almost for sure, Dreamweaver would do this for you. Or even MS
Word export as HTML as long as you used the colour coded text as
input. The code you would get would be likely awful, (In MS Word
2001 it is dreadful) - but you could clean it up.

The simplest thing to do really is to have the code in front of
your eyes (coloured as you like, either gotten from cut and paste
from View Source in a browser that supports coloured source code
or else your own text editor). And then look at it for where the
coloured bits are, they will be the markup items like <div> and
and write the simplest css instruction to colour such.

To span the mark up, use your Search and Replace function and
especially the < and > to identify the spots that need spanning.
All this can be done very quickly if you are careful to observe
your text. You don't actually need special software like
Dreamweaver.

Tips

Possum said:
Hi

Is there a tool I can use for converting plain html text I am writing into
color coded HTML I can paste into my web page and post on the net so other
can see the colored code..

For a free tool that does this, download jedit. It takes a little while to
go through all of the options and get it working the way you want (e.g.,
anti-aliased fonts), but it's great. You can find the plugin to export as
colored code in the plugin manager. I forget the exact name. Code
colorizer?

Another good one is SciTE. You can export your colorized code as HTML or
PDF. SciTE also needs a little configuration. You change the settings in
a configuration file called Global Options.

Both tools are free and run on both Windows and Linux. jEdit also runs on
Mac.

jEdit:
http://www.jedit.org/

SciTE: