html to image or html to postcript to image

Lukasz Indyk

i want to convert html to image (format of the image does not matter).
is it possible in python? or mayby it is possible to convert html first
to the postscript, and then postscript to image?

Larry Bates

I've written several applications to do just this.
I do this using Python Imaging Library. It has
methods for writing text onto an image that gets
rendered as graphics. You can then save as any
format you like (e.g. JPG, TIFF, PDF, etc.).

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

Lukasz Indyk

i'm sorry, i didn't make myself clear enough. once again then: i have
html defining website, and i want to generate image with this website
(without displaying it in browser window, doing print screen etc.)

Diez B. Roggisch

Larry said:
Python used pdfTEX to generate their .PDF manual from
their HTML manual. It located at:

Thats unlikely - they used pdftex to generate the pdf from latex, and
whatever to generate html from latex. So it won't help the OP.