HTML to MHT conversion programmatically

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Vincent Belaïche, Apr 24, 2013.

  1. Hello,

    I am a newbie in Perl. I have written only a few simples scripts, but
    that could make me feel the power of the language.

    Now, I am looking for some way to convert an HTML file and the
    dependency thereof into an MHT archive. All the files are local on my
    hard drive. I looked for that on the internet, in vain.

    I thought that Perl is probably the best language to make it, and I
    wondered whether that already exists or not. I could not find anything
    such thing on the CPAN --- well there are Email::MIME or MIME::Entity
    and Email::Sender for MIME encoding, but I am not sure whether they are
    flexible enough to do an MHT archive, and I must admit that I am not
    expert in MHT archive format. Also I found quite a few HTML parsers, but
    I don't know which one is the most suited.

    In a nutshell, there seems to be already all the building blocks to make
    it in a few lines of code, however nothing ready to work off-the-shelf.

    Any feedback or help is welcome.

    Vincent.

    Vincent Belaïche, Apr 24, 2013

  2. Ben Morrow <> writes:

    > Quoth (Vincent =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bela=EFche?=):
    >>
    >> Now, I am looking for some way to convert an HTML file and the
    >> dependency thereof into an MHT archive. All the files are local on my
    >> hard drive. I looked for that on the internet, in vain.
    >>
    >> I thought that Perl is probably the best language to make it, and I
    >> wondered whether that already exists or not. I could not find
    >> anything such thing on the CPAN --- well there are Email::MIME or
    >> MIME::Entity and Email::Sender for MIME encoding, but I am not sure
    >> whether they are flexible enough to do an MHT archive, and I must
    >> admit that I am not expert in MHT archive format.

    > The MHT format is just a multipart/related MIME entity, isn't it?
    > Creating one of those with one of the MIME modules should be entirely
    > straightforward. In this case I would probably recommend MIME::Entity
    > rather than one of the Email:: modules, because it will let you leave
    > the attached files as files and convert them on the fly when writing
    > out the completed email.
    >
    >> Also I found quite a few HTML parsers, but I don't know which one is
    >> the most suited.

    > I would have thought HTML::LinkExtor is what you want in this case,
    > since all you need to do is find which additional files need
    > archiving.
    >
    >> In a nutshell, there seems to be already all the building blocks to
    >> make it in a few lines of code, however nothing ready to work
    >> off-the-shelf.

    > So try to write something, and, if you get stuck, post again.
    >
    > Ben

    Thank you so much with the quick feedback. I will try that. Whether I am
    stuck or not I will anyway make it public --- because writing functional
    code, does not mean that the code is well written.

    VBR,
    Vincent.

    Vincent Belaïche, Apr 24, 2013

  3. On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:24:10 PM UTC-7, Vincent Belaïche wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I am a newbie in Perl. I have written only a few simples scripts, but
    >
    > that could make me feel the power of the language.
    >

    > Now, I am looking for some way to convert an HTML file and the
    >
    > dependency thereof into an MHT archive. All the files are local on my
    >
    > hard drive. I looked for that on the internet, in vain.
    >

    > I thought that Perl is probably the best language to make it, and I
    >
    > wondered whether that already exists or not. I could not find anything
    >
    > such thing on the CPAN --- well there are Email::MIME or MIME::Entity
    >
    > and Email::Sender for MIME encoding, but I am not sure whether they are
    >
    > flexible enough to do an MHT archive, and I must admit that I am not
    >
    > expert in MHT archive format. Also I found quite a few HTML parsers, but
    >
    > I don't know which one is the most suited.
    >

    > In a nutshell, there seems to be already all the building blocks to make
    >
    > it in a few lines of code, however nothing ready to work off-the-shelf.
    >

    > Any feedback or help is welcome.
    >

    > Vincent.

    downlaod opera

    open html in opera

    saev as mht

    DONE

    johannes falcone, Apr 26, 2013
  4. johannes falcone <> writes:

    [...]

    >> Any feedback or help is welcome.
    >>

    >> Vincent.

    > downlaod opera
    >
    > open html in opera
    >
    > saev as mht
    >
    > DONE

    Thank you for the feedback, this is what I am doing, but I wanted to do
    that programmatically. Sorry if my first email was not clear enough.

    Vincent.

    Vincent Belaïche, May 11, 2013