    How do you convert html document to pdf?
    Thanks
    Wes
    wes, Mar 17, 2006

  2. wes wrote:

    > How do you convert html document to pdf?
    > Thanks
    > Wes

    Wes,

    I print the html document, directing it to my pdf generating print driver.

    Ok, seriously now - you can buy adobe software. If you prefer you can sign
    up for their on-line service, you get a few free prints and then pay a
    monthly fee. Once you have done either of these, you would then print the
    document to your pdf print driver.

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger
    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 17, 2006

  3. wes

    Asterbing Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > How do you convert html document to pdf?

    OmniFormat
    Asterbing, Mar 17, 2006
  4. wes

    wes Guest

    I do have adobe. i thought that there is some code that i could type in
    html or php that would convert the html to adobe.

    thanks
    Wes
    wes, Mar 17, 2006
  5. wes

    Jim Higson Guest

    wes wrote:

    > How do you convert html document to pdf?

    I have no idea how or why you want to do this (a bit more information would
    have been helpful!), but there's a program called Prince that does this
    very well.

    see http://www.princexml.com/

    If it is useful or not depends how you want to use it. If you want to
    automatically convert many pages it'd probably be useful.

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Mar 17, 2006
  6. wes

    wes Guest

    I have data in a table that i would like to convert to pdf. This would
    make printing, saving and the security of the information easier.

    Thanks
    Wes
    wes, Mar 17, 2006
  7. wes

    Jim Higson Guest

    wes wrote:

    > I have data in a table that i would like to convert to pdf. This would
    > make printing, saving and the security of the information easier.

    Out of interest, how is it more secure?

    OpenOffice can import HTML and export PDF. If it's just one document that
    seems like the easiest way.

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Mar 17, 2006
  8. wes

    wes Guest

    I want the text to be uneditable. In html format, a user could alter
    some details and print out a report with incorrect data

    Wes
    wes, Mar 17, 2006
  9. wes

    Jim Higson Guest

    wes wrote:

    > I want the text to be uneditable. In html format, a user could alter
    > some details and print out a report with incorrect data

    PDF isn't exactly uneditable, just more difficult to edit. There's an office
    suite called KOffice that supports quite well the importing (and therefore
    editing) of PDFs.

    If you want to make sure a file doesn't change (any file, not just HTML),
    you can do that by taking an MD5 hash of it, and then in future checking
    the file still gives the same hash. This is how, for example, Bittorrent
    knows the files it downloads haven't been altered by network corruption or
    attack[1].

    If you're interested, Google links to plenty of articles on how to do this.

    [1] I'm not certain BT uses MD5, but the principle's the same.
    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Mar 17, 2006
  10. I use CutePDF, which can make practically convert any file to .PDF for
    free. To convert it, all you have to do I get to the print setup window
    (as thought you were going to print) and when you have to choose which
    printer to print to, just select CutePDF, and press Print; then it will
    ask you where you want to save the converted .PDF file; that's all).

    Link: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/Writer.asp
    The Numerator, Mar 17, 2006
  11. wes

    RobM Guest