HTML to XML to data to hibernate

Discussion in 'XML' started by hawat.thufir@gmail.com, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    "Xalan-Java is an XSLT processor for transforming XML documents into
    HTML, text, or other XML document types. It implements XSL
    Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0 and XML Path Language (XPath)
    Version 1.0. It can be used from the command line, in an applet or a
    servlet, or as a module in other program."
    <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/#whatisit>

    What I'm looking for is the inverse of Xalan. Specifically, HTML to
    XML. JTidy <http://jtidy.sourceforge.net/> will fix HTML, but how do
    you get that HTML into XML?

    I was browsing the bookstore and came across "Hibernate: A Developer's
    Notebook", <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hibernate/>.

    I haven't had a chance to get a close look at this book, but it looks
    intriguing. However, how does data go from HTML to XML?

    I've also come across <http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/>, but am still
    working out how to put it all together.

    Once HTML is transformed to XML, it's not too hard to put that XML into
    a database like hibernate? XSLT can do that transform, and either
    xalan
    or xerces uses XSLT to do that?

    Thanks,

    Thufir