html training course in boston

cinnamngrl

There are a million online or on site computer training courses out
there, but how do you separate the good and the bad?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:35:15 GMT
cinnamngrl scribed:
There are a million online or on site computer training courses out
there, but how do you separate the good and the bad?

Ouija board? Odds-and-evens? Rock-paper-scissors?

My guess would be by looking for recommendations from someone you trust or
presume you could trust by reputation. -In addition, of course, to your
own view of their promo spiel.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 25 Sep 2007
20:35:15 GMT cinnamngrl scribed:

Ouija board? Odds-and-evens? Rock-paper-scissors?

Did you know that

1. There's an international association for RPS?

2. There is international competition, with world champions?

3. The US has a pro RPS league?

4. Its other name is

http://www.worldrps.com/

http://www.usarps.com/

Special Can-You-Believe-This Blinky Trivia Panel:

<q>

In 2006, Federal Judge Gregory Presnell from the Middle District of
Florida ordered opposing sides in a lengthy court case to settle a
trivial (but lengthily debated) point over the appropriate place for a
deposition using the game of rock-paper-scissors. The ruling in Avista
Management v. Wausau Underwriters stated:

Upon consideration of the Motion - the latest in a series of Gordian
knots that the parties have been unable to untangle without enlisting
the assistance of the federal courts - it is ORDERED that said Motion is
DENIED. Instead, the Court will fashion a new form of alternative
dispute resolution, to wit: at 4:00 P.M. on Friday, June 30, 2006,
counsel shall convene at a neutral site agreeable to both parties. If
counsel cannot agree on a neutral site, they shall meet on the front
steps of the Sam M. Gibbons U.S. Courthouse, 801 North Florida Ave.,
Tampa, Florida 33602. Each lawyer shall be entitled to be accompanied by
one paralegal who shall act as an attendant and witness. At that time
and location, counsel shall engage in one (1) game of "rock, paper,
scissors." The winner of this engagement shall be entitled to select the
location for the 30(b)(6) deposition to be held somewhere in
Hillsborough County during the period July 11-12, 2006.

</q>

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock,_Paper,_Scissors

Blinky the Shark

Blinky said:
Did you know that

1. There's an international association for RPS?

2. There is international competition, with world champions?

3. The US has a pro RPS league?

4. Its other name is

roshambo.

Sorry. I got distracted there. :)

Chris F.A. Johnson

Did you know that

1. There's an international association for RPS?

2. There is international competition, with world champions?

The world championship is held here in Toronto. In a brewery, no
less!

(I recently gave a series of chess lessons to the wife of the
managing director of the World Rock Paper Scissors Society.)

Blinky the Shark

Chris said:
The world championship is held here in Toronto. In a brewery, no
less!

And the USA Pro league I mentioned is sponsored by Budweiser. :)
(I recently gave a series of chess lessons to the wife of the
managing director of the World Rock Paper Scissors Society.)

It's a small world.

But, as the old tagline from 15 years used to say, "...but I wouldn't
want to have to paint it."

Travis Newbury

There are a million online or on site computer training courses out
there, but how do you separate the good and the bad?

Look at their web page. Does it meet the standards at which you want
to be trained?

Get references.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:25:16
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Did you know that

1. There's an international association for RPS?

2. There is international competition, with world champions?

3. The US has a pro RPS league?

4. Its other name is

http://www.worldrps.com/

http://www.usarps.com/

Special Can-You-Believe-This Blinky Trivia Panel:

Wow, some people must be absolutely desperate for entertainment. This
sounds more boring than tennis.
[...]

Well, rps _is_ meant to settle things. And we all know that legal
battles are often quite analogous to childish arguments. So...