html tutes

trippy

Spartanicus took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh
wow"...

why?

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

trippy

@news.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie>, Spartanicus took the hamburger, threw
it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...
Because it's didactically poor and littered with errors.

How so?

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Alan J. Flavell

@news.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie>, Spartanicus took the hamburger, threw
it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

How so?

If you understood the web, you'd know. If you don't, then maybe you'd
be advised to heed the advice of Spartanicus until you do.

"littered with errors" isn't something that you can reasonably expect
to be corrected by an occasional usenet posting. Get real.

trippy

Alan J. Flavell said:
If you understood the web, you'd know. If you don't, then maybe you'd
be advised to heed the advice of Spartanicus until you do.

"littered with errors" isn't something that you can reasonably expect
to be corrected by an occasional usenet posting. Get real.

I'll thank you kindly to leave your condescension at the door.

I asked because I actually have used the site to learn some things about
javascript so I was wondering maybe if there were a couple of the things
that were glaringly inaccurate. I wasn't asking for a book about it.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:
I'll thank you kindly to leave your condescension at the door.

I see no condescension. When you replied to "littered with errors" with
"How so?", what did you expect, an annotated explanation? The thing is
buggy, okay, at least in Sparty's opinion (as well as others, including
mine) and if you have doubts, try it yourself.
I asked because I actually have used the site to learn some things about
javascript so I was wondering maybe if there were a couple of the things
that were glaringly inaccurate. I wasn't asking for a book about it.

This is good, but offered in hindsight. For my own offering, I see so
many people ask questions here about things I researched and figured out
myself, -properly so. This isn't Sadie Mae's html and css help dept.
If you have a _real_ problem, okay, most would be glad to help (if they
can), but there have been so many absolutely stupid pleas for simplistic
assistance lately it's just plain exasperating. Some guy up there can't
figure out how to do a javascript random-quote thing. Well I did that
years ago and in more than one flavor but it's time-consuming so I'm not
going to "take him by the hand" through all the script necessary to make
it right. Either he knows j/s or he doesn't. If he doesn't, learn it!
Just think, whatever you do learn, you can use anytime you want!

dorayme

I'll thank you kindly to leave your condescension at the door.

I see no condescension.[/QUOTE]

No, well, you wouldn't would you? But you will become a more
sensitive person after a little meet with Gladiator.

dorayme

I'll thank you kindly to leave your condescension at the door.

... When you replied to "littered with errors" with
"How so?", what did you expect, an annotated explanation?[/QUOTE]

You miss that the poor op was not asking for chapter and verse -
a couple of glaring examples would probably have done the trick.
How the hell is the op supposed to know that Spartanicus is God
himself? Another thing you missed (your later James Cagney type
of speech about the absurdity of holding people's hands making it
almost certainly hopeless telling you this) is that it was wide
open for Flavell to leave out the less than diplomatic "Get real"
(he too missing the point about the possibility of a couple of
convincing examples for a newbie).

Anyway, no one is perfect. You will be closer to perfection by a
smidgeon after your encounter with Office Bud White. You will be
piping a different tune then. Trust me Boji, you are a poor
schmuck, and I have special instructions from my minders to keep
an eye out for you.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
... When you replied to "littered with errors" with
"How so?", what did you expect, an annotated explanation?

You miss that the poor op was not asking for chapter and verse -
a couple of glaring examples would probably have done the trick.
How the hell is the op supposed to know that Spartanicus is God
himself? Another thing you missed (your later James Cagney type
of speech about the absurdity of holding people's hands making it
almost certainly hopeless telling you this) is that it was wide
open for Flavell to leave out the less than diplomatic "Get real"
(he too missing the point about the possibility of a couple of
convincing examples for a newbie).[/QUOTE]

Well, perhaps I was a little over-harsh but it still seems to me that
some of these beseechers don't do shit for themselves and want hand-
crafted, ready-to-run markup handed to them gratis, thank you very much.
It's even easier than copy-and-pasting example markup/code which, of
course, shouldn't be done, either, if you don't know how it works (-and
then you probably wouldn't need it, anyway.)

On the other hand, there are times when anyone can get stuck, even on
the simplest of things, and may need a boost (or boot) to get going
again. The only way to judge is by the contents of the post and
whatever it might link to.
Anyway, no one is perfect. You will be closer to perfection by a
smidgeon after your encounter with Office Bud White. You will be
piping a different tune then. Trust me Boji, you are a poor
schmuck, and I have special instructions from my minders to keep
an eye out for you.

Do you know what "schmuck" really means?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias
Do you know what "schmuck" really means?

In German it means jewel (or jewelry); in Yiddish it means a jerk. I'm
guessing dorayme meant the latter, but we'll see. :)

dorayme

Anyway, no one is perfect. You will be closer to perfection by a
smidgeon after your encounter with Office Bud White. You will be
piping a different tune then. Trust me Boji, you are a poor
schmuck, and I have special instructions from my minders to keep
an eye out for you.

Do you know what "schmuck" really means?[/QUOTE]

No, I have no idea? Do you know what it means to say to someone
in a semi-friendly (Australian sort of) way that they are a poor
schmuck?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Do you know what it means to say to someone
in a semi-friendly (Australian sort of) way that they are a poor
schmuck?

Much the same as calling them a bastard. :)

Alan J. Flavell

Do you know what "schmuck" really means?

In Yiddish? As a matter of fact, yes, I do; but if I didn't,
a few moments with a search engine would suffice to remedy that.