html tutes

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Much the same as calling them a bastard. :)

You have half of it right, the bit that connotes it is not as
harsh as it sounds. But you don't have the other half right. For
me, a schmuck is more a person to be pitied to some extent. A
bastard is certainly not this. But it is complicated and I will
stop....

dorayme

Alan J. Flavell said:
In Yiddish? As a matter of fact, yes, I do; but if I didn't,
a few moments with a search engine would suffice to remedy that.

I doubt it. If you follow the way folks who break for lawn deer,
you get one thing... if you just average Google, you get another.

In the end, you can't easily get this stuff from reading defns.
You have to feel it. Yes, you have to be self-conscious enough to
know one's own inner schmuck in order to recognise that in others.

trippy

Neredbojias took said:
With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:

I see no condescension.

I do. I don't need him, you or anybody else to talk down to me like I'm
some fucking homeboy that just found a fucking keyboard. I didn't.
When you replied to "littered with errors" with
"How so?", what did you expect, an annotated explanation?

An example, maybe. To be honest, I wasn't really *expecting* anything.
It's called discussion. And I don't need to justify it either. I was
curious as to why he thought it was riddled with errors, since I have
actually used the site and didn't see it. But you know what? **** it. I
don't need to know that bad. I pretty much *don't* care now, because
some fuckwad, who's apparently God's gift to the interwebs was disturbed
that I actually had the FUCKING TEMERITY to ask a simple question.

I didn't realize that writing two words would touch off world war
fucking 3, but so be it.
The thing is
buggy, okay, at least in Sparty's opinion (as well as others, including
mine) and if you have doubts, try it yourself.

Fine. It's buggy. Great.
This is good, but offered in hindsight.

This is good, but offered in hindsight.

****. You.

I have nothing to apologize for. Out.
For my own offering, I see so
many people ask questions here about things I researched and figured out
myself, -properly so. This isn't Sadie Mae's html and css help dept.

I didn't just find usenet either. I have a biiiiiig long google posting
history.
If you have a _real_ problem, okay, most would be glad to help (if they
can), but there have been so many absolutely stupid pleas for simplistic
assistance lately it's just plain exasperating.

I don't need you, period.
Some guy up there can't
figure out how to do a javascript random-quote thing.

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">

function randomThingy() {

var sayings = new Array();
sayings[0] = "Now is the winter of our discontent.";
sayings[1] = "Ask not for whom the bell tolls...";
sayings[2] = "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can
do for your country.";
sayings[3] = "I like pie."

var x = -3;
var saying;

while (x < 0 || x > sayings.length - 1) {

x = Math.round(Math.random() *100);

}

document.write("<p>" + sayings[x] + "</p>");

}

</script>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript">randomThingy();</script>

There, now he doesn't have to fucking wonder anymore because some
dickwad wants to get his jollies on having more education and/or
experience.

It took all of an hour and an internet connection.

Help a brotha or don't, fine. Don't be a fucking **** about it.

Well I did that
years ago and in more than one flavor but it's time-consuming so I'm not
going to "take him by the hand" through all the script necessary to make
it right. Either he knows j/s or he doesn't. If he doesn't, learn it!
Just think, whatever you do learn, you can use anytime you want!

You're under the impression that I need you for anything. I'll find my
way just fine without you. Sheeya. Dick.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:

You're under the impression that I need you for anything. I'll find my
way just fine without you. Sheeya. Dick.

That's exactly the point, drippy. Indeed, find your own way with your
best effort and _then and only then_ if you have real problems, ask.
Don't whine about every little thing that might need to be researched to
resolve. Of course, those who prefer posting crass invective in
response to differing opinions probably lack the adroitness necessary to
succeed in any case.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Mark Parnell quothed:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias

In German it means jewel (or jewelry); in Yiddish it means a jerk. I'm
guessing dorayme meant the latter, but we'll see. :)

Well according to a bunch of Jews on the outskirts of Chicago, it means
something else. I suppose, though, that could be a more-or-less local
interpretation.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Do you know what "schmuck" really means?

No, I have no idea? Do you know what it means to say to someone
in a semi-friendly (Australian sort of) way that they are a poor
schmuck?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've never done that, but I have discovered that semi-friendly
gestures can often be misinterpreted as semi-inimical.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Alan J. Flavell quothed:
In Yiddish? As a matter of fact, yes, I do; but if I didn't,
a few moments with a search engine would suffice to remedy that.

The colloquialism I learned might be considered "communed-by-mouth" and
is unlikely to appear written anywhere.

trippy

Neredbojias took said:
With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:

That's exactly the point, drippy. Indeed, find your own way with your
best effort and _then and only then_ if you have real problems, ask.
Don't whine about every little thing that might need to be researched to
resolve. Of course, those who prefer posting crass invective in
response to differing opinions probably lack the adroitness necessary to
succeed in any case.

It's not the opinion difference I had the problem with, it's the
arrogance that went along with it. Just because people know things, why
tease the ones who don't? It's stupid. I've seen some of the sites that
come out of here. Some are impressive. And yeah, people asking you for
shit all the time gets old. I get that. But I was asking out of genuine
curiosity, not because I needed something to happen, or whatever.

And I pretty much took it all out on you today. FWIW, that wasn't
intentional.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:
It's not the opinion difference I had the problem with, it's the
arrogance that went along with it. Just because people know things, why
tease the ones who don't? It's stupid. I've seen some of the sites that
come out of here. Some are impressive. And yeah, people asking you for
shit all the time gets old. I get that. But I was asking out of genuine
curiosity, not because I needed something to happen, or whatever.

Yes, I've seen arrogance here, too. I don't particularly think Alan was
being arrogant, -a little short maybe, but perhaps we differ in that
opinion.

I've also seen teasing, some of it probably unintentional, some not.
And it's sad, even pathetic, certainly juvenile along with the
arrogance. Fortunately, however, we having a resident "initiator" to
help inure newbies to the exigencies of alt.html. We try to spread him
around as much as we can, but shit only goes so far. Anyway, I suggest
you'd greatly benefit from reading a subset of the plethora of past
postings authoring by Onideus Mad Hatter and his not-always-willing
lackeys. They give new meaning to pretentiousness (-meaning the posts,
of course,) and make unaffiliated efforts seem so much more palatable
than otherwise.
And I pretty much took it all out on you today. FWIW, that wasn't
intentional.

Everybody needs to let off steam occasionally. But how we do it counts
for something as well as our principles and usual behavior.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias
Anyway, I suggest
you'd greatly benefit from reading a subset of the plethora of past
postings authoring by Onideus Mad Hatter and his not-always-willing
lackeys.

Hmmm...better watch yourself Neredbojias - I think you'll find that
"trippy" *is* one of OMH's lackeys, formerly known as Starshine
Moonbeam. Check out the email address in his .sig.

Jonathan N. Little

Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias

Hmmm...better watch yourself Neredbojias - I think you'll find that
"trippy" *is* one of OMH's lackeys, formerly known as Starshine
Moonbeam. Check out the email address in his .sig.

Might explain the restriction of adjectives to a single word in message.

trippy

No. **** Hatter.

Neredbojias took said:
With neither quill nor qualm, trippy quothed:

Yes, I've seen arrogance here, too. I don't particularly think Alan was
being arrogant, -a little short maybe, but perhaps we differ in that
opinion.

I've also seen teasing, some of it probably unintentional, some not.
And it's sad, even pathetic, certainly juvenile along with the
arrogance. Fortunately, however, we having a resident "initiator" to
help inure newbies to the exigencies of alt.html. We try to spread him
around as much as we can, but shit only goes so far. Anyway, I suggest
you'd greatly benefit from reading a subset of the plethora of past
postings authoring by Onideus Mad Hatter and his not-always-willing
lackeys.

Hatter. Why are you sweatin' him again?

C'mon dude, I've read you before. You're beyond him.
They give new meaning to pretentiousness (-meaning the posts,
of course,) and make unaffiliated efforts seem so much more palatable
than otherwise.

Yeah. I really don't have anything to add other than 'Yep. Pretty
much." All the more reason to just wash your hands of him. Poking him
with the stick's only good for a few posts anyway.
Everybody needs to let off steam occasionally. But how we do it counts
for something as well as our principles and usual behavior.

Well, there's a couple reasons for that. 1 is for effect. Never
underestimate the power of pure profanity in a flamewar. Rocks people on
their heels quick and cuts their legs out from under them by virtue of
the "Oh shit!" factor. Which leads me to reason #2, I don't have the
kind of time for a long, drawn-out flamewar. My schedule has better
things to do, and I actually read the group for info (unlike Hatter),
which doesn't happen when there's a bazillion regs all pissed off and
flaming away.

I've pretty much hung up the flaming, since I've seen the mountaintop
and it looks just like the rest of the mountain, only the view's better.
I've been filling it in with better things to do.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trippy
Never
underestimate the power of pure profanity in a flamewar.

Somehow I don't think it has the effect you seem to think it does.
Rocks people on
their heels quick and cuts their legs out from under them by virtue of
the "Oh shit!" factor.

No, it just proves to them how immature you are, and pushes you towards
their killfile.

dorayme

No, I have no idea? Do you know what it means to say to someone
in a semi-friendly (Australian sort of) way that they are a poor
schmuck?

Actually, I've never done that, but I have discovered that semi-friendly
gestures can often be misinterpreted as semi-inimical.[/QUOTE]

er... well, why is this a misinterpretation?

Look, seriously, I have no particular desire to offend you Boji,
you have never done me any harm, forget about it if you can't
quite understand the rough and bollocking spirit in which it is
said...

Shake hands with Blinky, he is my handshaking agent from now on...

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Shake hands with Blinky, he is my handshaking agent from now on...

Sharks have hands now as well as being able to blink?

trippy

Mark Parnell took the said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trippy

Somehow I don't think it has the effect you seem to think it does.

No, it just proves to them how immature you are, and pushes you towards
their killfile.

You've obviously never done any serious flaming, ever. Stick to what you
know.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trippy
You've obviously never done any serious flaming, ever.

If mounds of profanity is your definition of "serious" flaming then no,
I've never stooped that low.

trippy

Mark Parnell took the said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trippy

If mounds of profanity is your definition of "serious" flaming then no,
I've never stooped that low.

I never said it was pretty, only that it works.

--
trippy
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM

NP: "The Way It Is" -- Tesla

"Now, technology's getting better all the time and that's fine,
but most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife,
and a smile."

-- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trippy
I never said it was pretty, only that it works.

And I'm saying that it doesn't - it just shows you as immature. If you
want to ignore that, that's up to you.