html ui + py background? any tut?

oyster

I have read for many times that the modern appliaction (not a web one,
but desktop on) uses html + js for its UI, and python code is for the
background work
but I have never found event a simple (yet completed) article on how
to develop such a thing from scrach in these advocacy thing.

Can anyone point out some simple, can-be-followed tutorial on such
thing especially for windows os?

thanx

Дамјан ГеоргиевÑки

I have read for many times that the modern appliaction (not a web one,
but desktop on) uses html + js for its UI, and python code is for the
background work
but I have never found event a simple (yet completed) article on how
to develop such a thing from scrach in these advocacy thing.

Can anyone point out some simple, can-be-followed tutorial on such
thing especially for windows os?

That's very very simple to do with PyQt and Qts Webkit. You can export
Python objects to the HTML/JS application running in Webkit.

You'll just need to read the Qt Webkit documentation to see how it's all
done.

This is actually a very good strategy for new apps, you can easily make
them skinable with html/js skins for ex.

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

Well when _I_ was in school, I had to run Netscape on HP/UX, displayed
on my local X Server running on a Windows 3.1 box. Displayed over a 2400
baud modem. Uphill. Both ways. In the rain. With NOBODY to hold my
hands. Because the life of the geek is a lonely life.
- aclarke on /.