    would like to use HTML version 4 and then place a warning on my home page
    stating what version of browser software is required.

    Can somebody help.

    Kenneth Keeley, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Kenneth Keeley

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Wrong place to ask really....
    the HTML compatability is a property of the browser, not the server.
    I'd hit up a clientside group on this one.

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    http://www.Darkfalz.com

    "Kenneth Keeley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have created a web site that works well on the computers I have

    control

    Curt_C [MVP], Sep 24, 2003

  3. Kenneth Keeley

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Curt_C [MVP]"
    <software_AT_darkfalz.com> writing in news:ujc$6okgDHA.3532
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Wrong place to ask really....
    > the HTML compatability is a property of the browser, not the server.
    > I'd hit up a clientside group on this one.

    Additionally, if you use HTML Strict markup, and you validate it, you
    should be okay for ANY browser. CSS is another story, again OT.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Kenneth Keeley

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:08:13 +1000, "Kenneth Keeley"
    <> wrote:

    > I have created a web site that works well on the computers I have control
    >over (all using IE5.0 or above). I have now set about rewritting the pages
    >to be more browser compatible, but firstly I would like to know what
    >versions of the most common browser support which levels of HTML. Ideally I
    >would like to use HTML version 4 and then place a warning on my home page
    >stating what version of browser software is required.

    Ask in the HTML groups, this gets bandied about daily.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 24, 2003