    Anyone know what the problem can be here???

    Much thanks in advance.

    Eric

    local suburban hero, Jun 7, 2004

  2. local suburban hero

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "local suburban hero" <> wrote:

    >http://www.auxillary-works.nl/fileserver/test/news.html
    >
    >The url above is a simple page where I experimented with XML. The html page
    >loads an XML file which represents a 'news' section.
    >
    >It works fine in IE, but problems with Firefox, and so on. No 'data' is
    >displayed in
    >the Mozilla browser.
    >
    >Anyone know what the problem can be here???

    You posted essentially the same messages yesterday. The answer you
    received from Hywel was correct - you are use IE's proprietary data
    binding and thus what you are doing will not work in any other
    browser.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jun 7, 2004

  3. local suburban hero

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "local suburban hero" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.auxillary-works.nl/fileserver/test/news.html
    >
    > The url above is a simple page where I experimented with XML. The html

    page
    > loads an XML file which represents a 'news' section.
    >
    > It works fine in IE, but problems with Firefox, and so on. No 'data' is
    > displayed in
    > the Mozilla browser.
    >
    > Anyone know what the problem can be here???
    >
    > Much thanks in advance.
    >
    > Eric

    Y'need a nice XSL to go along with that too :)

    SpaceGirl, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Sorry for the DOUBLE postings, The first didn't show up here at my end. So I
    reposted it again. Sorry for that then!!

    SO? If I would use a XSLT stylesheet with my html file the page would show
    in NON IE browsers???

    Eric

    local suburban hero, Jun 8, 2004
  5. local suburban hero

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Use XSLT to transform XML into XHTML...

    SpaceGirl, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Toby A Inkster, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Oh my god!!!! Server side????

    Please explain Toby, .... please!

    Eric

    local suburban hero, Jun 10, 2004
  8. local suburban hero wrote:

    > Oh my god!!!! Server side [XSLT]????
    > Please explain Toby, .... please!

    Because client-side XSLT is supported by only a few browsers -- IIRC
    IE5+/win and Gecko only, and not Opera, Safari, IE/mac, Googlebot, earlier
    versions of IE and Netscape, etc, etc...

    XSLT belongs on the server.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jun 10, 2004
  9. I have got into the XSLT issue with the help of www.w3schools.com

    But there is one thing I am not quite sure of. How to get the XSLT script to
    work on my server.

    I have now a XML and a XSLT file in my directory on my server. What would be
    the next step? Is there a needed chmod function? Because XSLT is a
    stylesheet right, ... not a script?

    How to get which script to work? So what do I need more then the two files
    above?

    Sorry for my maybe stupid questions but I am soooo new to this.

    Eric

    .....but thanks in advance!

    local suburban hero, Jun 11, 2004