    chris Guest

    How can I convert a non-ascii web page saved from the web site to HTML
    &#X????; format?
    chris, Jul 31, 2003

  2. chris

    Gerry Nance Guest

    >From: "chris"
    >Newsgroups: alt.html
    >Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:32:47 +0800

    >How can I convert a non-ascii web page saved from the web site to HTML
    >&#X????; format?

    Right click in the text area of the page, and View Source, then Save the page
    as File Type TXT or HTML.

    Did that help?

    Gerry Nance
    World Alumni Registry
    http://www.alumni.net
    Register Today! Pass it on...
    Gerry Nance, Aug 1, 2003

  3. chris

    chris Guest

    chris, Aug 1, 2003
  4. "chris" <> wrote:

    > How can I convert a non-ascii web page saved from the web site to
    > HTML &#X????; format?

    You are apparently using some flavor of Windows, so UniPad could be a
    suitable option, see http://www.unipad.org/main/
    (Its free version has considerable limitations, but they probably won't
    hurt here.)

    And Free Recode could be used too, see
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/recode/HTML/

    On the other hand, why would you do such a conversion?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 1, 2003