    title of the web page.

    Cheers

    Gordon
    Gordon McMillan, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Gordon McMillan

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:

    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    > title of the web page.

    a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
    confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
    if it was previously one color but now its something different.

    [1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
    page.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Gordon McMillan

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:44:43 -0000, Gordon McMillan
    <> wrote:

    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    > title of the web page.

    In what way? Describe it in more detail.

    I can't imagine this type of effect would be terribly attractive, BTW,
    whatever it is you are after.
    Neal, Nov 15, 2004
  4. "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:
    >
    >> Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    >> title of the web page.

    > a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
    > confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
    > if it was previously one color but now its something different.
    >

    > [1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
    > page.
    >
    > --
    > the facts and opinions expressed by brucies
    > l i t t l e v o i c e s
    > are not necessarily the same as those held by brucie.

    so what you are saying is you don't know
    Gordon McMillan, Nov 15, 2004
  5. Gordon McMillan wrote:

    > so what you are saying is you don't know

    Never confuse good advice with ignorance.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Gordon McMillan

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:

    > so what you are saying is you don't know

    shhhh! don't tell anyone, i have them all fooled.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 15, 2004
  7. Gordon McMillan

    Neal Guest

    Gordon McMillan wrote:
    > "brucie" wrote
    >>> ... make the colours change frequently ...

    >> a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
    >> confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
    >> if it was previously one color but now its something different.

    > so what you are saying is you don't know

    No, he's saying he does, but we aren't sure exactly what you are looking
    for, and what you're after might be a really bad idea.

    We're generally reluctant to show you how to shoot your own foot around
    here.
    Neal, Nov 15, 2004
  8. Gordon McMillan

    Karl Core Guest

    "Gordon McMillan" <> wrote in message

    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >> In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    >>> title of the web page.

    >> a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
    >> confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
    >> if it was previously one color but now its something different.
    >>

    >> [1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
    >> page.
    >>

    >you are saying is you don't know

    If you were in a position to have such an obstinate response, you wouldn't
    need to ask your stupid question.
    Here's some helpful advice - if you need help on a newsgroup, don't act like
    an asshole to the regulars.

    -Karl
    Karl Core, Nov 15, 2004
  9. "Gordon McMillan" <> schreef in bericht
    > Folks,
    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on

    my
    > title of the web page.

    Ooo my god that would be so cool !
    Amazing comes even closer..
    Where the hell did you come up with this idea??
    Surely you couldn't have thought it up yourself...

    Back to my drinks..

    Regards,
    Sam
    Samuël van Laere, Nov 16, 2004
  10. Gordon McMillan

    SE Guest

    <alt.html , Gordon McMillan , >
    <cnb4fs$h28$>
    <Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:44:43 -0000>

    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    > title of the web page.

    Yeah - drop some acid :))

    --
    www.smtpemail.co.uk
    SE, Nov 16, 2004
  11. Gordon McMillan

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Gordon McMillan wrote:

    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    > title of the web page.

    I don't know why you'd want to, but here you go:

    <script>
    function randomColourTitle () {
    var n = 8; // number of colours
    var colours = new Array(n);
    colours[0] = 'blue';
    colours[1] = 'red';
    colours[2] = 'green';
    colours[3] = 'yellow';
    colours[4] = 'black';
    colours[5] = 'cyan';
    colours[6] = 'magenta';
    colours[7] = 'silver';
    var r = Math.round(Math.random()*n);
    document.getElementById('title').style.color = colours[r];
    setTimeout("randomColourTitle()",1200);
    }
    </script>
    <h1 id="title">Annoying Page</title>

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Nov 16, 2004
  12. Gordon McMillan wrote:
    > Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my title
    > of the web page.

    Sure, here's the rope you requested, but don't blame me if you get sued
    when one of your visitors gets an epileptic seizure.

    http://tw.ecritters.biz/html_examples/title_color/
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 16, 2004
  13. Gordon McMillan

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Toby Inkster said:

    >> Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
    >> title of the web page.

    > I don't know why you'd want to, but here you go:

    aahhhhaaaaaaaaa don't be tempted by the dark side toby. walk towards the
    light, the light toby!

    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 16, 2004