HTML

Gordon McMillan

Folks,
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

Cheers

Gordon

brucie

In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
if it was previously one color but now its something different.

[1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
page.

Neal

Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

In what way? Describe it in more detail.

I can't imagine this type of effect would be terribly attractive, BTW,
whatever it is you are after.

Gordon McMillan

brucie said:
In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
if it was previously one color but now its something different.

[1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
page.

so what you are saying is you don't know

Neal

Gordon said:
... make the colours change frequently ...
a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
if it was previously one color but now its something different.
so what you are saying is you don't know

No, he's saying he does, but we aren't sure exactly what you are looking
for, and what you're after might be a really bad idea.

We're generally reluctant to show you how to shoot your own foot around
here.

Karl Core

Gordon McMillan said:
brucie said:
In alt.html Gordon McMillan said:
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

a bit if giggly scripting to change colors on each load[1] but it may
confuse the visitor thinking they're on a different page (or even site)
if it was previously one color but now its something different.

[1] don't even think about doing it while the visitor is viewing the
page.
you are saying is you don't know

If you were in a position to have such an obstinate response, you wouldn't
need to ask your stupid question.
Here's some helpful advice - if you need help on a newsgroup, don't act like
an asshole to the regulars.

-Karl

Samuël van Laere

Gordon McMillan said:
Folks,
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

Ooo my god that would be so cool !
Amazing comes even closer..
Where the hell did you come up with this idea??
Surely you couldn't have thought it up yourself...

Back to my drinks..

Regards,
Sam

Toby Inkster

Gordon said:
Is there any way I can make the colours change frequently on my
title of the web page.

I don't know why you'd want to, but here you go:

<script>
function randomColourTitle () {
var n = 8; // number of colours
var colours = new Array(n);
colours[0] = 'blue';
colours[1] = 'red';
colours[2] = 'green';
colours[3] = 'yellow';
colours[4] = 'black';
colours[5] = 'cyan';
colours[6] = 'magenta';
colours[7] = 'silver';
var r = Math.round(Math.random()*n);
document.getElementById('title').style.color = colours[r];
setTimeout("randomColourTitle()",1200);
}
</script>
<h1 id="title">Annoying Page</title>

brucie

In alt.html Toby Inkster said:
I don't know why you'd want to, but here you go:

aahhhhaaaaaaaaa don't be tempted by the dark side toby. walk towards the
light, the light toby!