HTML5

Ganesh

Neredbojias

I've just checked that using
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.youtube.com/html5

It does validate for the while. A valid code is it that important?

I was just thinking how it should be for a blind? They should be
feeling so deprived not being able to understand what we are seeing
and enjoying.....

But yes, they have time to imagine and go to levels that we are
always deprived due to lack of time.

There is no lack of time, there is only our lack of ability to deal with
it appropriately.

Ganesh

There is no lack of time, there is only our lack of ability to deal with
it appropriately.

Yes, that's true and the true hurdle is we tend to escape, rather than
to accept the problem

asdf

Neredbojias said:
There is no lack of time, there is only our lack of ability to deal with
it appropriately.

Actually, that's bollocks. We are constrained by the number of keystrokes
that it is possible within the given timeframe.

Jan C. Faerber

I've just checked that usinghttp://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.youtube.com/html5

It does validate for the while. A valid code is it that important?

I was just thinking how it should be for a blind? They should be
feeling so deprived not being able to understand what we are seeing
and enjoying.....

But yes, they have time to imagine and go to levels that we are always
deprived due to lack of time.

If you are lucky you can find more time in doryme's logical times.
Maybe I am just to ignorant to find the entrance.

But you can explain even blind men the colour white (which is actually
not a colour - like black. Black and white are no colors):
"White is like the smooth neck of a swan."

Ganesh

If you are lucky you can find more time in doryme's logical times.
Maybe I am just to ignorant to find the entrance.

But you can explain even blind men the colour white (which is actually
not a colour - like black. Black and white are no colors):
"White is like the smooth neck of a swan."

Well, if you remove all the black how will you see the white? Imagine
a world only of white and while and only white.... will you be able to
see anything..... Without black there cannot be any other colors as
well :)

Travis Newbury

I thought that's what the groups are for. I've learn most of it I know
from here. I did share some too. I do sometimes pickup things on my
own as well.

Well thanks for sharing. I think it is about time for a group hug.
Anyone? I mean it has been a while. I just saying...

Jan C. Faerber

Well, if you remove all the black how will you see the white? Imagine
a world only of white and while and only white.... will you be able to
see anything..... Without black there cannot be any other colors as
well :)

White is a mixture of all colours with that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
(here you get black with "no colors")

And black is a mixture of all colours with that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtractive_color
(here you get white with "no colors")

injekt printers have also [sometimes] two black cartridges
(one only for black text etc. and one for that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model )
but you can mix black also if you mix other colours in a proper mix
ratio.

Didn't you learn that in one of those sesame street episodes?

Nik Coughlin

Jan C. Faerber said:
Well, if you remove all the black how will you see the white? Imagine
a world only of white and while and only white.... will you be able to
see anything..... Without black there cannot be any other colors as
well :)

White is a mixture of all colours with that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
(here you get black with "no colors")

And black is a mixture of all colours with that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtractive_color
(here you get white with "no colors")

injekt printers have also [sometimes] two black cartridges
(one only for black text etc. and one for that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model )
but you can mix black also if you mix other colours in a proper mix
ratio.

Didn't you learn that in one of those sesame street episodes?

ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE, SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE TEN, ELEVEN TWELVE!

Jan C. Faerber

What about blue and yellow but not grey?

Johann Wolfgang Goethe said that when he turned his color wheel very
fast he did not get white but a very very light brownish white or
little grey.

But maybe he missed those black swans.

Ganesh

Well, if you remove all the black how will you see the white? Imagine
a world only of white and while and only white.... will you be able to
see anything..... Without black there cannot be any other colors as
well :)

White is a mixture of all colours with thathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
(here you get black with "no colors")

And black is a mixture of all colours with that:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtractive_color
(here you get white with "no colors")

injekt printers have also [sometimes] two black cartridges
(one only for black text etc. and one for that:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model)
but you can mix black also if you mix other colours in a proper mix
ratio.

Didn't you learn that in one of those sesame street episodes?

That's a whole lot of information there. As far as accessibility
issues are concerned which colors are to be avoided. I am sure black
is not the one.

dorayme

Ben C said:
Could you have red and yellow but not orange? What about blue and yellow
but not grey? Could you have a world with _any but not all_ colour
subtracted from it? The world must be exactly the same as the real
world, only minus some but not all colour(s). Are any such worlds
possible?

We often *do* have red and yellow but no orange in bits of the world
(for example a page where there is red and yellow but no orange). So why
could we not have the whole world like so?

Or perhaps you are talking counterfactuals? Could there be a world where
there is red and yellow only but where no orange *could* be made (even
though no orange was made)? Not sure doryme knows the answer to this
one.

But I do know that the cavalier way some seem to think any old thing is
possible on merely being imagined is a misleading one. For example it is
easy to suppose pigs might fly, but just think what would need to be the
case for a pig to really fly in this world. Not really possible! So what
is really being imagined? A dream of some kind perhaps.

I expect Jan will now say there is doryme logical space (I have acquired
logical time) in which talk of colours leads to flying pigs.

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
Well thanks for sharing. I think it is about time for a group hug.
Anyone? I mean it has been a while. I just saying...

Or a private showing for us all of Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) by
Paul Mazursky

Jan C. Faerber

That's a whole lot of information there. As far as accessibility
issues are concerned which colors are to be avoided. I am sure black
is not the one.

I did not study that point. I think it is like

a) light
b) no light

a) 0
b) 1

a) yes
b) no

a) black
b) white

Of course in some way you could say:
"a) red
b) orange"

But also if you analyse your own color type
and you fill in paint into a grid on a paper
you don't use white and black.
You can take any color you like
but don't leave it white and don't use black.
Because they are no colors and will not give any
information about your personality.

White is "all colors" and black "no colors" (or vice versa if you want
- it depends)

If you analyse the spectrum of a star you are interested in the colors
which are missing if the "color is white" without any analysation
before.
If the whole range of colors are there - then it is a perfect white.
But that is not a very interesting color in some way if you know what
I mean.
And a black star with no colors in its spectrum... well, there are no
colors.
So those two things are not somethng which you should avoid anytime
but you cannot define them correctly to be colors.

Jan C. Faerber

On 3 Sep., 12:12, dorayme
I expect Jan will now say there is doryme logical space (I have acquired
logical time) in which talk of colours leads to flying pigs.

sorry - I forgot the 'a' in the nick.
(b.t.w. does it mean do-ray-me, like "This is lightning me?
Or like "Pls, hold the lamp like that so my face is shining."?)

I know that already from Pink Floyd's "Pigs on the wings".
Another good promotion idea for McDonald's:
No, sorry again.
Only if you have a world with the only colors
red and yellow,
then you can not use lamps with greens bulbs for a normal life.

color circles for all colors in general do make only sense
with black or white in the middle.
Any other real color in the middle will not provide you with the whole
range of colors in a practical way around the center. Because of the
effect.

But even our own sun has some black lines in its spectrum.
I think we can cope with that and say that the light of the sun is
"white".
I don't want to make it too difficult now.

Ganesh

White is a mixture of all colours with thathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
(here you get black with "no colors")
And black is a mixture of all colours with that:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtractive_color
(here you get white with "no colors")
injekt printers have also [sometimes] two black cartridges
(one only for black text etc. and one for that:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model)
but you can mix black also if you mix other colours in a proper mix
ratio.
Didn't you learn that in one of those sesame street episodes?

That's a whole lot of information there. As far as accessibility
issues are concerned which colors are to be avoided. I am sure black
is not the one.

I've seen this demonstration of V types of color blindness at wiki
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/US_Flag_color_blind.png

Souce:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

So, here I assume website with black in the foreground and white in
the background is the best to have.
again, black in the background and white in the foreground will serve
the accessibility purpose and also will improve the life of the
monitor.

Ganesh

[...]

"V" represents 5

SAZ

I thought that's what the groups are for. I've learn most of it I know
from here. I did share some too. I do sometimes pickup things on my
own as well.
I think the problem lies in that your questions indicate that for
someone doing this for so many years (as you have claimed), your
knowledge and ability level appears to be at the level of a rookie,
noob, noobie, or whatever today's term would be.

This group seems to be teaching you the basics, something you have yet
to grasp as indicated by your continuing questions.

Maybe it's time to start charging for this class?

Ganesh

I think the problem lies in that your questions indicate that for
someone doing this for so many years (as you have claimed), your
knowledge and ability level appears to be at the level of a rookie,
noob, noobie, or whatever today's term would be.

This group seems to be teaching you the basics, something you have yet
to grasp as indicated by your continuing questions.

Maybe it's time to start charging for this class?
ok... you too should consider starting a paid QA website.