HtmlEncoded Usernames in ASP.NET 2 Membership DB?

Guest

I'm using the ASP.NET v2 Membership class for quite some time now but I ran
into a heavy problem now.

People who sign up using special chars (like german umlauts ä ö ü) are being
saved as a HtmlEncoded String in the ASP.NET Membership Database. Example:

aspnet_Users.UserName: Bj&246(SEMICOL)rnno

Due to that fact the Login Control is not working anymore,I switched to a
manual Login process by using this now:

----------------------------
if (Membership.ValidateUser(Server.HtmlEncode(TUserName.Text),
TPassword.Text))
{

FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(Server.HtmlEncode(TUserName.Text),
CheckBox1.Checked);
Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx");
}

However.. things like LoginView etc. are still messy as they show the
HtmlEncoded Values (not decoded).

Is this a problem by default or did I forget to take care of some setting?
In fact I guess i'd be better if the usernames would be stored without Html
Encoding. Is that possible?

Thanks, Julie

verona