htmlfile: Invalid pointer :0 ?

Genival Carvalho

Hello folks...
Any tip to solve "htmlfile: Invalid pointer" error ?
This error occurs when PostBack fires ! Just when i using SmartNavigation...

Natty Gur

Hi,

Usually this error is by product of the way smartnavigation implemented.
SmartNavigation uses hidden IFrame to get the content back from the
server and then to inject the HTML to the page. This process cause
controls events to loose attach to events and you end up with that
error. The only work around that I found is to use registerStartupScript
to reattach controls to events.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur