HtmlImage Problem

Hi all, I've got a problem with a HtmlImage I'm adding to a TableCell
object. What I'm trying to do is add an attribute to the image like this;

oHtmlImage.Src = AppSettings.Item("imagepathfromroot")

So far so good, however the image is not displaying correctly as it is also,
without me asking, adding the path to the webusercontrol in front of my
value from the web.config file, strange. If you imagine my set up similar to
the below;

webusercontrolpath = "resources/controls"
webconfigvalue = "resources/images/spacers/imagename.gif"

I'm ultimately ending up with a src attribute of
"resources/controls/resources/images/spacers/imagename.gif", before I rape
my website structure I'd like to know if anyone has a tip on removing this
path to my webusercontrol file or is this something I have just got to build
around?

any help would be appreciated,
regards,
J.