HTMLInputFile control...

Jeti [work]

I have a HTMLInputFile control placed onto the page, and everything works
fine, except persisting its state... When user clicks "submit", I check some
things on the server, and open the same page, filled the way user filled
it... But I cant set HTMLInputFile control with the same data...

Example:
user clicks "browse", and sets some local file for an upload. Then clicks
"submit". The page reopenes, but the HTMLInputFile control is empty, and the
user must AGAIN (which is irritating) click "browse", etc... I want that
control already has its content set.

Sorry for my bad english, but i dont know how to explain it...

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

its a security thing .......... you cant pre-fill a file upload.

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Jeti [work]

its a security thing .......... you cant pre-fill a file upload.

OK. Thank you....
Couple of hard-work days saved :)