    200+megs on the memory, and forcing the aspnet to restart.

    I'm trying to solve the problem by dividing up the file,and upload in
    different postbacks, instead of the whole 200 megs in one postback.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Cant recall if the upload control actually has the forms maxfilesize
    property. This stops an upload once the browser realises its too big to
    send. HTML Syntax is something like this <input type=hidden
    name="maxfilesize" value="someValue"> but you'll have to check the docs to
    see if its in there as part of the upload control.

    Also, this control here indicates it comes with source code and might have
    it available. If not Persits control does, as will a few others.

    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=2294&tabindex=2

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    ASP.NET MVP
    Microsoft Regional Director

    John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\), Aug 17, 2005

  3. well, what I'm looking for is a way to upload a 200mb file.
    so the 200mb file will be sent as is to the server, so stopping it at the
    browser wouldn't work, as it is 200mb.
    what I need is for the server to stop grabbing the file, once it got the 8mb
    portion of the 200mb file.
    I can see from the memory useage, aspnet is grabbing the whole 200mb file
    (same effect if I just saved the entire 200mb directly), while in my code I
    only requested 8mb of it.
    That is my problem.

    I took a look at the control, and it's not free nor open source, so it won't
    do me any good. Thanx anyways.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2h1?=, Aug 17, 2005