Htpasswd

Christopher Brandsdal

I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems like
it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not work
on Microsoft servers?
If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
easy way to protect my files
Thanks in advance!

Ray at

Christopher Brandsdal said:
I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems like
it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not work
on Microsoft servers?

Because it's a totally different system. For the same reason you can't bolt
a TH-400 directly to a 351W.

If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
easy way to protect my files
Thanks in advance!

Turn off anonymous access and make users log in with Windows accounts. Take
a look here. http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26

Ray at work

Mark Schupp

There are also some 3rd party add-ons that perform similar functions if you
don't want to use NTFS and Windows user accounts.

AuthentiX (www.flicks.com) was one that we had looked at briefly. If that
project ever gets to the top of the pile we'll look at it again.