    If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
    easy way to protect my files
    Thanks in advance!
    Christopher Brandsdal, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Christopher Brandsdal

    Ray at Guest

    "Christopher Brandsdal" <> wrote in message
    > I have tryed to use Htpasswd op several server-accounts. But it seems like
    > it only works on the linux servers.. Not on Micosoft.. Why? does it not

    work
    > on Microsoft servers?

    Because it's a totally different system. For the same reason you can't bolt
    a TH-400 directly to a 351W.

    > If it doesen't work... is there any othe way to do the same?? It's a very
    > easy way to protect my files
    > Thanks in advance!

    Turn off anonymous access and make users log in with Windows accounts. Take
    a look here. http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26

    Ray at work
    Ray at, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Ok thanks! :)

    Christopher Brandsdal, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Christopher Brandsdal

    Mark Schupp Guest

    There are also some 3rd party add-ons that perform similar functions if you
    don't want to use NTFS and Windows user accounts.

    AuthentiX (www.flicks.com) was one that we had looked at briefly. If that
    project ever gets to the top of the pile we'll look at it again.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Dec 13, 2003